1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

What does one wear with brown (chocolate-brown) sneakers? Suede+leather if it matters.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. nmacek92

nmacek92 Member

I would like to preface this question by noting that my prior experiences with 3sixteen and Self Edge were nothing short of fantastic — my ST-100x jeans are a spectacular product.

Yesterday, I received my new pair of raw denim — 3sixteen's SL-100x — which I ordered for the looser fit than the skinnier pair I was wearing. I ordered the jeans in the same waist size I wore my ST's, which I anticipated being tight at first, and then close to perfect. I tried them on, and they fit great; however, within several minutes, and only just walking around my house, the top button popped and broke into two.

Now, I have trouble believing that the rivet could have been intact, when you realize how 'heavy-duty' these jeans are constructed.

My question is, has anyone experienced or heard of any similar problems? I have contacted both 3sixteen and Self Edge for advice, but otherwise, do not know how to proceed.

Thanks,

Nick

3. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

^
    I'm sure they'll take care of you, I had a weird issue with jeans being uneven but turns out it was just my body I guess. Either way 3sixteen was super helpful throughout the process so you should be good.

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I have two pairs of 3Sixteen jeans both in SL fit and have not had an issue with either of them. I'm sure they will fix you right up.

5. NorthernTiger

NorthernTiger Member

I just started working at an office that's business casual. At the moment, I only have two pairs of gray wool trousers. They're appropriate for the office, but I would like to get more. What would be some kinds of fabrics that aren't chino?

6. Vastrm Darren

Vastrm Darren Active Member

I think a peacoat would be fine for your wardrobe. People tend to over think peacoats. Although it is a bit more formal, it can easily be worn with jeans. Just make sure it fits correctly. My peacoat is from Martin & Osa (they have since gone out of business) but getting it in a slim fit was the best decision I've made. If you thrift a coat, just take it to a tailor and get it altered. A "boxy" peacoat is awkward looking. I've never gotten a winter coat tailored however so I'm not totally sure how much this would cost. Your best bet would be to find one that fits and if you are of athletic/skinny build get it in slim fit.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  7. Vastrm Darren

Vastrm Darren Active Member

I like Ralph Lauren Rugby OCBDs. With the right sales I found some to be between $30-$45 online. I also have tried Banana Republic and they fit pretty well. Their clearance rack in store sometimes has them for as low as $20.

8. VitaTimH

VitaTimH Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Sharpservice recently? I know they were hacked about a week ago... but since then communication with Hide-san has been very spotty, and I haven't gotten my deposit back for two auctions I didn't win (about $150 locked up)... I'm trying to be patient, but it's a bit odd for someone so communicative to suddenly shut off. Anyone know what's up?

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I think you should look more for the colors instead of looking at the material. Most pants are going to be wool or cotton. Wool is more dressy and cotton is more casual. They may even blend the wool or cotton with other materials.

Rugby is going out of business and they are getting rid of a lot of stuff with frequent sales. You might want to check them out if you want to pick up some more for cheap before they're gone forever.

10. BigWill

BigWill Member

What brand is this shirt?

[​IMG]

11. nmacek92

nmacek92 Member

You guys were right. Both 3sixteen and Kiya at Self Edge got back to me incredibly quickly. I'm sending the jeans back tomorrow for repairs.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sagan

Sagan Member

Thinking about buying these Varvatos off bluefly for 250. Thoughts? I don't know too much about black zipups and not sure why they are on sale. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  13. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

^Buy the HMxMMM for ~100-150 better shape and quality won't be hugely worse.

14. Sagan

Sagan Member

Thanks -- do you know how they fit? I'm usually sz 12.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  15. mattrmcgrath

mattrmcgrath Member

Does anyone know what kind of shoes these are? I really want these and have no idea what kind of shoes they are! They are from a miller lite commercial called "the race." Please help!

[​IMG]

16. skintight

skintight Well-Known Member

Anybody know where to find cool/colourful iPhone 4 cases?
    Thanks.

17. superego

superego Well-Known Member

what is this collar type called? seen it on a couple pieces now...based on the first pic, thought it was just a hoodie the guy had adapted, second makes me think otherwise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. smashwindow

smashwindow Well-Known Member

BScott Makes hoodies like those, but the first one is just a guy wearing a hoodie like a he has mental deficiencies.

19. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

They fit TTS according to the H&M x MMM thread. So you would be a 45.

It's called a funnel neck. Google funnel neck hoodie and you should see some.

20. Find Finn

Find Finn Well-Known Member

Have you tried google?

Incase, society6.