1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Well-Known Member

Edit. I have no idea.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

I think he is asking if it is common to encounter RRL stuff that is counterfeit and not genuine RRL.

3. Earthistic

Earthistic Member

i mean copyright infringement, like louis vuitton bag from china. Thanks.

4. Earthistic

Earthistic Member

Right[​IMG] that's what i mean

5. Vates

Vates Active Member

Hello
    Is "essential apparel" legit/trustworthy ?

6. nycstrokes

nycstrokes Member

7. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

Eh, I tend to be a bit black and white on this thing - either we are going to use animals for our purposes or we aren't. While the use of them I believe is morally debatable, I don't really see the difference between using an animal just for fur, or for meat or anything else... Cruelty to animals, OTOH, is definitely an issue I do think about.

8. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

Where can I pick up some Dior Homme jeans in smaller sizes (26 or 27)? I'm normally a size 28 waist and it seems I'd need to size down for these. I can't find anyone selling them in sizes smaller than 28.

Thanks.

9. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Well-Known Member

I know this probably isn't exactly the response you're looking for, but try the sufu supermarket, as they pop up fairly often over there. Otherwise I know they're not too hard to find in Japan.

10. nativebelle

nativebelle Well-Known Member

I gouged my boot on sharp metal underneath bus seats, and I'm pretty upset. I'm taking this to a cobbler tomorrow but I'd like to know if you guys think this can be fixed/how you would go about doing it. Thanks.

[​IMG]

11. Totakeke

Totakeke Well-Known Member

I got a pair of Rachel Comey boots off the B&S section, it's pretty awesome and fits well, except the pebble grain texture seems to peel off. Is this how it's supposed to work? The pebble grain is just an outer layer that can be peeled off?

I've circled the part in question here.

[​IMG]

Someone educate me.

12. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

if anybody would tell me what kind/brand of jeans are those? i would be greatly appreciated.

the way he folds the cuffs. i would assume they are raw denim? and that would mean hes been using it for a while.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  13. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Any help on how to size Nikes relative to Brannock size? Specifically, I'm looking at Nike Frees.

For reference, I take a 42 in CP, 43 in MMM, a 9 in Barrie, and are a 9.5D on the Brannock device.

Thanks in advance for any help!

14. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Quote:
    They're probably Dior, just because that's what every celebrity wears, and they were probably washed, not raw. That selvedge strip is just a looming process, and has nothing to do with the treatment of the jeans.

And FWIW I don't think those jeans look that great.

15. dsoren

dsoren Well-Known Member

You can keep your boots looking perfect and avoid scuffs by simply not wearing them.

16. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

fake check?!?!?!?

http://www.net-a-face.com/

please tell me this is affiliated with ssense.com in some way ... if not, they completely ripped off every single thing from the website

17. Totakeke

Totakeke Well-Known Member

Hey, no need to be mean, it's an honest question. Let me rephrase it, are pebble grains just an outer layer that can be peeled off?

18. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Anybody with the Patrik Ervell Cadet coat? Trying to see how warm it is as it feels light and heavy at the same time

19. superego

superego Well-Known Member

Unless your cobbler is a magician, not much you can do besides a heavy polish.

Adds character, IMO, I wouldn't sweat it. If you're still bummed out that your boots now show that you actually do things in them, refer to dsoren's comment above.

20. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member