1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. grouper

grouper Well-Known Member

Where can I get a dark, slim fitting indigo shirt?

I meant denim shirt. [​IMG]

2. Jon Cruz

Jon Cruz Member

Straight collars will fold all around with no collar roll. They do at least stand up fairly well instead of spreading out.

Get a S. M&O shirts are slimmer than JCrew or BR for reference. I'm 5 10, 160 and wear a M in the 2 shirts I got from there.

Thanks a lot bananananana, I'll especially take note of the collar advice.

3. mraco143

mraco143 Member

Hey,

New guy here. I'm going shopping tomorrow because I just realised my wardrobe is almost empty. Just wondering what your opinions are on the following outfit? (personally I really like it).

[​IMG]

4. DrPat

DrPat Well-Known Member

5. jiratic

jiratic Well-Known Member

hows the quality on burberry polo's, can get them at a 75-85% discount.
    i do love the check pattern on collar/neck, how do they compare to say, RL polo's and other benchmarks.

6. Mirrorball

Mirrorball Well-Known Member

Posted this in the shoes & boots thread but hopefully someone here might know too...

Just bought some Wlverine 1000 miles in rust. Wondering if i should be buying some sort of polish/leather protector for them? If so, any reccomedations? Should i apply it before wearing them for the first time and how often should i apply it?

7. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

ID on this barbour ? [​IMG]

8. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

hows the quality on burberry polo's, can get them at a 75-85% discount.
    i do love the check pattern on collar/neck, how do they compare to say, RL polo's and other benchmarks.

The quality is about the same as Polo Ralph Lauren.

9. bananananana

bananananana Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience buying Oliver Spencer from their website? What shipping carrier do they use and did you have to pay customs?

10. amnesiac

amnesiac Well-Known Member

ID on this barbour ? [​IMG]
    looks like an international without the patch on the right pocket. can't quite tell if that left pocket is slanted or not but i think it is. but it looks unbelted...

11. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

carbon dry fly also comes with the 4 pockets but not slanted and no logo on chest. also the vintage/antique internationals have no logos but slanted pockets.

12. twylo

twylo Well-Known Member

I'm looking at getting these to rotate between white Jack Purcell's in the summer.. can anyone tell me what would be a bad idea to wear with them? I'm thinking white v-neck, some color shorts (what color shouldn't I wear..) and these. Basically asking what I shouldn't wear with blue shoes.

[​IMG]

13. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

where can i buy items from the robert geller s/s 2010 collection? no one seems to have it yet.

14. publius10

publius10 Member

15. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

ID on this barbour ?

[​IMG]

Holy shit what is Varg Vikernes doing on the Sart?

16. underwearer

underwearer Well-Known Member

what kind of jeans does Ellen wear?

17. ysb

ysb Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a tailor in the Boston area that can hem denim well? or a decent tailor recommendation in general would be appreciated. I've taken some stuff to Le Couterier (central square) but they fucked up a few simple hemming jobs (despite being Best of Boston for last year) so I'm not returning to them.

Thanks!

*edit* okay just did some searching and saw one thread where people recommend Jack's tailoring in porter square. if people can chime in otherwise I'll give it a try

18. pistolero

pistolero Well-Known Member

where can I get good brown and cordovan-colored belts, in work and non-work appropriate styles? There is an endless supply of tacky belts but few good ones. I find that the tacky details are just there to distract from the low quality leather.

-- No cheesy gold buckles or faux croc.
    -- Low profile, so it doesn't bulge out like a hernia under a light sweater.
    -- I would prefer to spend less than $200 per belt.

Thanks!!!

DL

Tanner Goods is one option, though the buckles may be more "high profile" than you're looking for.

19. click here

click here Well-Known Member

20. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

Looking for a pair of common project achilles low in 42. Preferably white or grey. Anyone seen any sites with them left in stock? I can't find them anywhere!