1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pikachoo

pikachoo Well-Known Member

can someone identify these? thanks
    [​IMG]

2. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Well-Known Member

I know what you're saying, but I'm a noob and wanted to hear what others thought. Looking back just a few months ago I've made some progress but I'm still a mess. Don't want to look anymore retarded than I do now.

You just need to be confident and comfortable in whatever you wear. If you worry too much about a fashion formula your own style will never show through.

3. greens11

greens11 Active Member

Which boot should I get between Clarks DB, RW 875 and RW 9011?

I have a pair of brown leather Wallabees and winter boots but am looking to expand my collection for a fall/spring maybe summer boot.

4. TrailofTears

TrailofTears Well-Known Member

Can someone with some shipping experience tell me what the cheapest way of shipping a large box with several shoeboxes (shoes included) inside would be? I would estimate about ~25-30lbs total (6-8 pair of dress shoes)? Thank you.

5. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

Which boot should I get between Clarks DB, RW 875 and RW 9011?

I have a pair of brown leather Wallabees and winter boots but am looking to expand my collection for a fall/spring maybe summer boot.

The only one of those I would wear in the spring/summer would be desert boots...

6. greens11

greens11 Active Member

The only one of those I would wear in the spring/summer would be desert boots...

Desert boots it is. Odds are I'll make a game-time decision concerning suede or leather when I see and try them on.

Thanks!

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Can someone with some shipping experience tell me what the cheapest way of shipping a large box with several shoeboxes (shoes included) inside would be? I would estimate about ~25-30lbs total (6-8 pair of dress shoes)? Thank you.
    No question your best deal is the US Postal service. Depending on where, their 'Priority' service is amazingly cheap, even using your own box. Insurance and tracking are available too. 3-4 day delivery anywhere in the US too. (It's basically a glorified 'First Class Mail') UPS Ground is your next bet, but don't even touch FedEx Ground (retarded service and not any cheaper), or get raped by FedEx priority.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Unless someone else seen it, it's going to be near impossible to find out what they were. That's like asking what that tall kid was wearing on 3rd Street this afternoon. Try and find a picture!

Hey, that was me. How ironic that I read this. And I was wearing those jeans she wants to know about too. Twenty bucks and the info is yours.

9. Bislane

Bislane Well-Known Member

any reason to think some APC new cures wouldn't look good as cut offs for the warmer months ahead? I have skinny legs

10. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to find a similar leather jacket with the ribbed cuffs and leather strap around the neck? [​IMG]

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

Alright, stupid quick question: what's the definition of a pair of bucks? How are they differentiated from other shoes? My 1st guess is that they're made for the summer (how so? are they unlined?), lighter colors, maybe a different sole? With all the bucks craze around here, I'd like to know. Thanks.

12. splattered

splattered Well-Known Member

My stinky 3sixteen question still stands... i've worn them for maybe 2 hours time total. Should i just soak them before i put anymore wear into them? I've yet to soak/wash a single pair of raw jeans so far so i'm a lil wary of it. I came home today and the things are stinkin up my damn closet. Ugh.

On a second note, i'm wanting to get a longer workman style leather wallet with tether and i can't decide between tanner and the horsehide thread in the FS section that people keep posting pics of their wallets in... pros and cons of tanner vs this other option?

13. Cheweh

Cheweh Well-Known Member

I bought a trench coat from the GAP and it fits around the body a bit more loosely than I would like it to. Is it advisable to take it to the tailor to get it slimmed down a bit? If so, around how much should I expect to pay? EDIT: nevermind, search engine brought up this http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=75502

14. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Well-Known Member

2. How do you use multiple quotes?

tia

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

1) Go to profile, click ignore
    2) Can't be done by the forum, has to be done manually if at all (manual = pain in the ass)

16. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

17. shortbreadluver

shortbreadluver Well-Known Member

Thought I'd try asking again:

Where can I get nice, affordable streetwear boots in size 6?

18. m00ba77

m00ba77 Well-Known Member

How do you remove the "pills" from sweaters. I have a couple of sweaters that are pilling quite a bit and I'd like to find a way to remove them.

19. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

Guys--

Please advise-- buying my first BoO shirt, a cool madras for the spring/ summer. I wear a size 40reg jacket, 16/34 dress shirt, 5'9 175 lbs, 31 or 32" waist. Which numbered size should I order? Am I a large or extra large? Which numbered size would I be )Barneys lists by numbered size, while other websites put the s-m-L-XL size??)

thank you!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

that madras is beautiful. From what I've read, I think a L would fit you.