1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Asian Women Represent! Miss Japan crowned Miss Universe 2007!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by amerikajinda, May 29, 2007.

1. lee lin

lee lin Well-Known Member

damn it perhaps i've been blinded by her characters in korean dramas! [​IMG] she was so adorable in them.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

the problem with her is not only is she plain looking, but she also looks dumb. one or the other can be forgiven, but both, come on.

I don't find her plain-looking -- that last picture in particular is quite fetching. But that's a matter of aesthetic preference. I'm curious, though, what it is that you believe makes her "look dumb".

3. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

I don't find her plain-looking -- that last picture in particular is quite fetching. But that's a matter of aesthetic preference. I'm curious, though, what it is that you believe makes her "look dumb".

she looks good in several of the pics that have been posted of her (i'm counting about 200, including other threads), but for a celebrity her look definitely lacks distinction. i doubt i would recognize her if i saw her on the street today.

as to why i think she looks dumb, i believe it has to do with the lack of expression in most of her shots, and the lack of imagination demonstrated in her clothing choices. she just looks very 'typical'. also, i think sunglasses luck dumb on anyone, but that's just me.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

she looks good in several of the pics that have been posted of her (i'm counting about 200, including other threads), but for a celebrity her look definitely lacks distinction. i doubt i would recognize her if i saw her on the street today.

as to why i think she looks dumb, i believe it has to do with the lack of expression in most of her shots, and the lack of imagination demonstrated in her clothing choices. she just looks very 'typical'. also, i think sunglasses luck dumb on anyone, but that's just me.

Got it.

5. dtmt

dtmt Well-Known Member

Here's Song Hye Gyo (송혜교). She's the bar others are trying to get over...

[​IMG]

Since she's Korean, I guess we can only assume that this is AFTER all the cosmetic surgery? [​IMG]

My girl is hotter than that.
    d00d post a pic!!1!

And screw you guys, Dizon is hot

6. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

Since she's Korean, I guess we can only assume that this is AFTER all the cosmetic surgery? [​IMG]

Song Hye Kyo did NOT have plastic surgery... (although you're of course absolutely right -- many Korean actresses and singers have had plastic surgery).

[​IMG]

Watch this video if you want to see a pure Asian 100% natural beauty:

She looks the same now as she did in Junior High and High School... Perfect (with a capital "P"!)
    [​IMG]

7. amerikajinda

8. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

She looks the same now as she did in Junior High and High School... Perfect (with a capital "P"!) [​IMG]
    Looks like she got her boobs done somewhere between pic one and two. [​IMG]

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

Song Hye Kyo did NOT have plastic surgery... (although you're of course absolutely right -- many Korean actresses and singers have had plastic surgery).

[​IMG]

Watch this video if you want to see a pure Asian 100% natural beauty:

She looks the same now as she did in Junior High and High School... Perfect (with a capital "P"!)
    [​IMG]

I agree. She's perfect-looking.

10. lee lin

lee lin Well-Known Member

i know she's known for being natural but somehow i can see a very subtle nose job. and if she did that doesn't diminish her beauty IMO because she wasn't ugly to begin with. just a little tweaking perhaps.

11. victory

victory Well-Known Member

That 4th pic of SHG was at Ala Moana in Hawaii. I used to frequent that coffee shop but I suppose, never at the right time. Anyway, if you think SHG looks plain in those pictures, it's because she's wearing little to no makeup. I think it says a lot about a womans beauty when she can still look pretty without make up. My favorite Korean celeb is Kim Tae Hee. I don't know whether SHG is dumb or not but I don't think you could make the same argument about KTH as she's well known for having attended Seoul National University.

12. amerikajinda

That 4th pic of SHG was at Ala Moana in Hawaii. I used to frequent that coffee shop but I suppose, never at the right time.

Anyway, if you think SHG looks plain in those pictures, it's because she's wearing little to no makeup. I think it says a lot about a womans beauty when she can still look pretty without make up.

My favorite Korean celeb is Kim Tae Hee.

I don't know whether SHG is dumb or not but I don't think you could make the same argument about KTH as she's well known for having attended Seoul National University.

+1 on Kim Tae Hee... absolutely perfect as well!