1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

This needs to be diverted in private. Mr Zamb deserves the courtesy of privacy and nuance. He has far more to loose in these sorts of disputes. It's not fair

2 people like this.
  2. newp

newp Well-Known Member

I have discussed it in private for a long long time with him and I don't enjoy this conversation either. Hope this post is the last one regarding this case from either parties, be it me, Zam or any 3rd parties.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

3 people like this.
  4. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify I thought you were in the wrong. I wasn't agreeing with you

And you may be insane

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    2 people like this.
  5. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

6. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

just ordered the new relaxed lined biker (non leather) and the measurements i got for the sleeves didnt seem that bad , only a few inches more than my other jackets which are normally a bit short in the arms anyway so hoping i can make it work ....

7. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Well-Known Member

1560 GBP for that L-0 coat [​IMG] maybe next year

8. nicelynice

What's the "relaxed" part of the biker? Just pockets? The cut seems the same

9. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

the measurements i got for a size 52 are -

Pit to pit - 21.2” / 54cm
    Sleeve length (from the shoulder) - 29.1” / 74cm
    Jacket length (measured on the rear including collar) - 30.6” / 77.8cm

seems to fit like most size 52 of other brands ive bought before so fingers crossed !

ps its this one

https://www.verticelondon.com/mens/designers/ma/19max-relaxed-biker-jacket

10. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

also just bought 3 pairs of pants from zam so hope everything goes smoothly , never had a major problem so far ...

and the grey a1923 reverse horse boots from holger , its been an expensive week so far !

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'm going to ask you guys to take all personal beefs to PM.

Me, I am getting a MA+ small wallet in oxblood for my birthday. My old card case holds a bunch of supplemental credit cards I never use, and I wanted something new and shiny (well, it's not that shiny, but still). Pics when it gets here.

12. nicelynice

Cheers, I've got a horse leather biker on its way
    Let's all meet back in a week or so and compare MA+ :)

13. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

will post pics of all the new stuff when i get them ( as long as they fit ) !

what size is your MA ?

14. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

ps

ive never had an MA+ jacket before so its a bit of a leap into the unknown for me , hope it works for my shape ....

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I sorta want one (and frankly, compared in CCP, they are even moderately priced), but the sizing is so hard. I vary between a size 52 and 54 in MA+ bikers, with some 52s being fitted with room to some 54s being nearly skin tight. btw, I am 5'11" and 175 lbs, with a true 40" chest. NOT A GIANT. Those things just fit small to tiny.

16. bigjus

bigjus Active Member

thats why im hoping the new " relaxed " fit will work for me as im 6 foot , 90 kg with a 42 chest !

from the sizing info i got it should just work out ok , if not its an easy return in the uk for me - and keeping my eye out for a 54 ...

17. dji0

dji0 Well-Known Member

from what I've heard the m.a+ "relaxed" models are looser in the abdomen but still the same fit in the chest. I'm not crazy about the double layered design at the bottom of the relaxed fit jackets.

18. newp

newp Well-Known Member

Yes, new iterations of bikers doesn't have sleeves as long as a previous one and much more true to size than his old works.

Now it's highly recommended to have a true to size item: both aviators and bikers.

19. dji0

dji0 Well-Known Member

FWIW I wear a 46 in m.a+ jackets even though I wear a 42 in Carol leathers and 44 in his blazers. I wouldn't want the horse leather aviator (from last FW) I have any snugger, it's spot on already.

20. newp

newp Well-Known Member

Yes, last year it was more close to the previous one, mine biker is 50 while I am 48 too. I meant this year iteration, SS16.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016