1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. jwalterweather

jwalterweather Well-Known Member

Not sure how artisanal you consider kka, but they make cool hoodies. There are some for sale at archive as well. Cheaper than the devoa, but still pretty expensive for a hoody. If you could fit into a size three you could might be able to find one in Japan and proxy for cheaper. KKA's wool-cashmere flannel is very nice.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Thanks I'll look at some kka.

Honestly don't care too much about artisanal, mostly want a hoody that works with ccp/ma+ at a decent price

3. psydle

psydle Well-Known Member

Zam's has vertical pockets, gloves

[​IMG]

KKA fleece has very similar shaped, raw hem, no gloves and pockets with the diagonal interaction with the side panel seams

[​IMG]

The KKA wool cashmere one looks pretty sweet. I'm not personally a fan of the finishing band on the lower body just due to the fact that I wear lots of longer shirts underneath my jackets but if you're going to a cleaner look with a normal length shirt and your RO Detroit denim or something then this would work. It is shown with the longer top underneath here and I think the band is fighting with that.

The fabric would be considerably more lux than the current Zam options. He has made wool ones in the past too but not this season.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

i'll always be a wings+horns tiger fleece dude (I wanna be extra comfy if I'm wearing a hoody in the first place) but the WJK heavy jersey hoodies are my favorite in that line:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  5. sinnedk

@nicelynice i have a tiger fleece hoody but its a bit short and thing for me, that wjk looks cool, is it easily obtainable...

6. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

I think it's an item that's produced almost every season. Thing is they run super small, I think even the largest size would fit a 48-50 :(

7. sinnedk

48/50 is perfect for me, thanks

8. sepp

sepp Well-Known Member

I am so tempted to buy H jacket (Layer-0) and do some alteration from 52 to 48 size fit.

It's insane the piece is still there (last checked) at that price.

Would it be a good idea?

9. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Well-Known Member

Let's get some more content in this thread. Any highlights from the a/w seaons so far?

IS cardigan coat that I must have, and, I believe, based pope would probably enjoy too.

Fabric is crazy good on this thing. Knit wool/linen/alpaca with a silk/nylon/cashmere/rayon lining.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. wormwood

wormwood Well-Known Member

well, finally receive my birthday gift from my wife) and damn, it's fucking amazing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  11. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

Wow. How does one make leather do *that*?

12. fistinyoface

When you mentioned a gold leather, I was sceptical. Well, I'm impressed. Not that I'd wear it myself, but I do want to see some fit pics, please.

13. wormwood

döder made me do it

[​IMG]

14. wormwood

some shitty mirror fits though. need to grab wife with her zeiss 35/1.4 to provide someth proper

crap office warm light makes the skin dead piggish pink damn it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    2 people like this.
  15. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

Honestly would estimate it to be more like a 46-48 or a slim western M. Haven't found any wjk pieces that I could even pretend would fit me laf.

16. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

I went to L'Eclaireur (Rue Herold) today. First of all, the service there was above and beyond anything I've experienced (including Lift but probably that's cause I don't speak Japanese). They gave me free espresso (and offered me wine). I tried things on for more than an hour, and the SA was always attentive, giving me more things to try without being pushy. And the most important thing was that he didn't give off that awkward air of expecting me to buy everything. It felt like he just wanted me to enjoy the experience, no strings attached.

On to the clothes: CCP was impressive as usual though the cuts aren't optimal for my body type as I knew already. Finally got to try on a high neck leather, but the torso is a bit long for me. The long suiting jackets in the cotton fabrics is the most impressive stuff.

But the real star was definitely Layer-0. From clothes to shoes, everything stood out especially after you actually wear it. Comfortable, awesome fabrics, looks cool: all checks. I tried on the horse leather jacket @nicelynice bought. It is exactly as awesome as his pictures portray: most substantial leather (even compared to CCP), and details are all right. I swooned a bit wearing it, but it's a bit too much leather for me and I realized I'd probably wear it very rarely. The long wool coat from this season though...was pretty much perfect. I still need to go to their other location (Rue Mahler closed, now it's at Rue de Sevigne) to check out Taichi, but I'm probably going back to get the coat.

No wonder Paris has no other clothing stores. L'Eclaireur just blows everything else out of the water.

7 people like this.
  17. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

That and exclusivity rights ;p

18. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

it's one of the better stores in the world. but they're gonna close the second location because it became too popular , too many people ended up knowing and going

19. sinnedk

I wasn't blown away when i went there L'Eclaireur, did you go to the location near the Louvre? if so i was there and not impressed PN/P kills everything IMO.

20. fistinyoface

lmao