1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

ARN Mercantile,

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by robindad, May 27, 2012.

1. robindad

robindad Active Member

Hello,

I was searching for some infomation on ARN and found there was no thread, now I'm kind of new here, so I may have made a mistake...

I have got a few bit of theres and was looking for more infomation on there product/stores, noticed they have a reduced web presents.

Did a little chating on the Nigel Cabourn thread, ARN did/do a co-lab with him, just his trousers they are a great fit, I have two pairs of them now and picked up some of there shirts and a pair of breaches. all of which are very good fits

Anyone got info?

thanks

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. robindad

robindad Active Member

3. robindad

robindad Active Member

4. robindad

robindad Active Member

Like both of these.....

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. ts18

ts18 Well-Known Member

Hey
    Did you get any piece from them yet?
    It will be great you could share them with us with photos
    Thanks

6. Chester

Chester Member

Pretty sure that's him in the photos.

7. robindad

robindad Active Member

Hi

Those are the pictures off the site, not got anything yet ordered the waistcoat and an undershirt ....waiting for them to turn up. Will post when I have them

8. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

Transparency is such an essential element to any business.

9. NeilChristopher

NeilChristopher Active Member

hi,

I wanted to thank you for this, post, ARN is small and to be honset struggling, the web store was just a test to see if anone wanted to buy and a way of thanking the people who had been in touch through the web site to ask about what we did and tell us what they thought. we only sent out the codes to known emails.

I did not expect someone to post on any forums, guessed something had happen when I woke up to so many emails yesterday.

thank you again.

the webstore will run for another week or so, please feel free to use the buyfornow code

Neil Christopher

10. robindad

robindad Active Member

Hi

Just trying to help, and share some discounts ........

Love the stuff, keep at it

11. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

the oxford curve BD looks nice but not my size :(

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  12. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Well-Known Member

Agreed, ARN Mercantile has great items from what I see in photos. I was interested in the Officers Peacoat, but unfortunately the sizes and stocks are so limited. Does anyone any other websites that sell ARN Mercantile clothing?

13. mcqueen

mcqueen Well-Known Member

I was able to order a pair of ARN trousers from LN-CC. Also, I just placed an order online from their webstore for the denim Deck Coat. The trousers are great and am looking forward to the coat!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  14. NeilChristopher

hello Hal,

VMC have a webstore that maybe able to help you, sorry abouth the sizes, it was just a month long test run, somethings sold out in the first few days.

NC

15. robindad

robindad Active Member

Hi,

Sorry, but what happened to my post about the web sale......it's disappeared?

Did I do something wrong, was just trying to share some good fortune!

16. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ironically, it's byefornow. 'Both of you guys' are misspelling it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  17. NeilChristopher

sorry

I was just reading his post, must have locked in somehow.

simple mistake, on my part.

Neil

added I have PM them on here asked to have the thing at the bottom removed. again, sorry for my mistake.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  18. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

wait a sec, are you saying that "robindad" isn't affiliated with ARN Mercantile?

19. NeilChristopher

Hello

Yes I am, we had a brand in Japan, which was just a design job with Ships called 'Robins dad', they wanted to call it Neil Christopher, but I'm not comfortable with that kind of exposure, I have no idea how or why, but the code was just for friends and family not general release, when it went out and the first order came in with it from someone who was not F&F we talked about it thinking someone we knew had shared it with one of there friends, so we decided to let it pass. after that a few more came in and we check the wedsite and found that this site was the main link in there were a few other site, but this was the highest so I came on here to find out why.

and found this thread..

I do not mind that someone took our old brand name, nor am I that bother about the code, it has cost us a fair bit of profit, but it was not a huge amount of business and the wedstore is closing in a few days.

I know, just from reading your posts on here and most of the threads that you care about your site and the people who post on it, I have not been posting on here (arn thread ) much, I have been on the other thread more. It's not my way, in fact in email with a few of your members I have told them of past issues with forums and post by people saying they are from companies they are not from. it worries me, after 4 years as ARN we have not been a presents on the web. it's not our way. nor have we chased press nor pushed past our means.

I am thankful to the members of this forum who have bought from us and hope they are happy with what they have.

I PM'd this person when I came on here and thanked them and I have PM'd them to remove the discount code (which they have done, I notice) but they have never answered me. I'm not bothered by this .

if you wish for me to leave the forum I understand, some of the posts made on Nigel Cabourns thread were hurtful to me, but that is the way of it.

Neil Christopher

20. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

Neil,

thanks very much for the response/clarification.
    I would be extremely frustrated if I were in your shoes and found people who were not affiliated with my business acting on my behalf.

That said, I don't think anyone wants you to leave the forum!

On the contrary, I think it's great when brands are represented on the forums as it raises awareness about products we may otherwise not know about. (e.g. I'd never heard of ARN until the post of the email with the code)

I could see it being annoying with the code going out to more people than intended, but maybe look at it as a marketing expense. Now all these SF members know about your brand and those that have ordered products and like them will likely be repeat customers.

It may not be your way to promote your brand on a forum like this, but consider the potential benefits.
    I feel like a presence on SF can bring a unique opportunity for merchants/brands since you're marketing to a very savvy and particular group of consumers. There are many examples of brands that are "SF approved" and have enjoyed great success.

something to consider....

regardless, I'm thrilled I now know about ARN and am excited to see what's next.