1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Armpit hair - anyone??

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Automatic, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Automatic

Automatic Active Member

What do you guys think about armpit shaving?? I always thought that the only places one should keep hairless are ears and nostrils...then some girl told me that armpits are a must. I don't particularly care about her opinion, but what do you guys think??

2. pstoller

pstoller Well-Known Member

Unless you're a competition swimmer, cross-dresser, or you feel otherwise personally compelled, don't shave your pits. It's definitely NOT a standard male grooming procedure. In fact, I'd wager that more guys shave their chests and backs (and, if we include bicycle racers, their legs) than their pits. I'd say this gal either mistook you for one of her own gender, or she was pulling your, um, armpit hair.

3. Automatic

Automatic Active Member

4. parsonsdb

parsonsdb Well-Known Member

Good one, one of my good friends from highs chool went to the Q-course Army Ranger boot camp. When he came back his were shaved, I know because we were playing BB. He said he did it for hygine, i guess if your gonna hang out in the Panama Jungle for 8 weeks at a time it's ok but other than that it's probally not that nessasary. Parsonsdb

5. vantheman

vantheman Active Member

I know some women really do prefer a guy with no armpit hair, but they are extremely rare. Â I shave mine just because I like it that way. Â A few other guys also do it, but not nearly so many as shave their chests and various other parts. If you want to do it, it's easy once you get used to it. Â But if not, don't worry about it. Â The few women who like it better that way probably aren't worth the few you'll freak out by doing it. Â [​IMG]

6. rcm55910

rcm55910 Member

What about shaving um the anal region??

7. pstoller

pstoller Well-Known Member

Who, exactly, is going to see this? And do you really relish the thought of sitting down when the stubble starts to grow in? Go for it if a loved one specifically requests that you do it (because, hey, their pleasure is worth it); otherwise, spare your razor blade the indignity.

8. jetLab

jetLab Well-Known Member

I've heard some horror stories with anal hair being shaved. You can trim it but don't shave it.

9. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

11. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Awesome bump.

I trim the bulk and take a separate razor to the fringe areas where there isn't much density, but enough hair to create a look starting to err on the side of out of control.

Clean-shaven would feel (and probably look) too weird.

12. SeanathonHuff

SeanathonHuff Well-Known Member

clean shaven is slightly unfeasible because it must be shaved consistently or your stubble will irritate the other side of your armpit. trimming is more reasonable.

13. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I've been nairing mine since I was 17.

14. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

I do it, you sweat less. Less insulation, and the deodorant makes better contact. I'm not religious about it, but keeping the stuff shaved or short does seem to help a lot. Also helps the stink, since the sweat and bacteria build up on the hair, even with consistent washing.

15. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

I shave my pits, as well as my ass and cock'nballs.

We're not living in the '70s anymore. Guys can manscape without being considered effeminate. I'm comfortable enough with my heterosexuality and masculinity that I am just fine with hairless pits. Hell of a lot cleaner, and chicks don't seem to think any less of me as a result.

Now that I have tried shaving, and have enjoyed its benefits, I see no point in returning to intentionally less hygienic pits just to satisfy some notion of masculinity.

16. Hugo34

Hugo34 Member

Yes I do shave my armpits, but it is not a matter of life and dead. When I think the stuff have grown taller enough and feels like disturbing my peace, i do a little shave, that's all. Especially in summer though, in winter never no matter how it grows.

17. manny44

manny44 Member

I have never shaved my armpit hair, i am not sure if I will ever do it now or ever.

18. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I've trimmed it a couple of times before when it was getting too hairy. Shaving it completely would probably be uncomfortable with the stubble.

19. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

Nairing is so much more comfortable than even trimming.

20. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

i used to be a bit self conscious or embarrassed to 'want' to have my pits shaved back even when i was younger. but i started doing it about 10 years ago and havent looked back. it's like normal for me now.