1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Aren't these the ugliest shoes you've ever seen ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ABALO, Apr 30, 2007.

1. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

The thing about the first pair is that they hint at good taste. That makes them all the more perverse.

2. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

ridges and eyeballs! We have a winner!

+1

Question. Does the winner wear these shoes?

This Forum has an extremely knowledgeable and interested group of people concerning shoes.

Has anyone ever seen someone wearing a pair like this ridge-eyeball combo? I have not. But maybe, I don't travel in the right circles or watch the right TV channels.

For real. Has anyone seen someone wearing something like this? And if so, where?

3. robin

robin Well-Known Member

While I've never seen any of these creepy crocodile shoes worn, I would consider buying a pair if I found them somewhere for a couple of dollars or less for wearing to an occasion such as a costume party. I don't hate them, but I can't help but to laugh when I look at them - they're a bit like Versace or clown shoes in that regard.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

+1 Question. Does the winner wear these shoes? This Forum has an extremely knowledgeable and interested group of people concerning shoes. Has anyone ever seen someone wearing a pair like this ridge-eyeball combo? I have not. But maybe, I don't travel in the right circles or watch the right TV channels. For real. Has anyone seen someone wearing something like this? And if so, where?
    I have seen brightly colored alligator shoes like these in Harlem. NB: this is not intended as a racist comment, but is a statement of fact from my experience.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I think Steve Harvey is known for wearing them a lot too.

6. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Well-Known Member

^Are those from kitonbrioni's blog?

His range of shoes from incredibly ugly to really beautiful is outstanding.
    Compare any of the boots with the Kiton Monks, that's like...Flavio Briatore in one of his 9999999999999999$ Billionaire Couture suits changing into something bespoke that would match manton's definition of conservative.
    But the equilibrium seems to lie on the BC side in KB's wardrobe....

7. wheelerray

wheelerray Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Damn, that's funny.

8. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Well-Known Member

You forgot about this version with the ridges. It would look great with a white suit.

I hope they use cheap glue so that the upper separates from the sole. Would come in handy for a surprise "gator attack" at parties.

9. denning

denning Well-Known Member

By the way, Trogdor, who's that looker standing next to the guard in the second pic you posted? That a friend of yours? [​IMG]

I would have lost it if Trogdor had indignantly replied, "That's my wife/sister/daughter you bastard!"

Kind of reminds me of this skit from the Australian version of Thank God You're Here when an explorer making a slideshow presentation to a London Society of gentlemen responds angrily to a question about a picture of an african tribal woman with an elongated lip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eIVJ...elated&search=

10. well-kept

well-kept Well-Known Member

Regarding the shoes in the O.P., an addition of monk strap with large buckle would render them positively elegant. There is a bit of wasted space. As Homer Simpson might say, "Think about it."

11. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Well-Known Member

The eyes just take the cake:

[​IMG]

Runners up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yours (above)
    __

robin's (below)

[​IMG]

It looks as if you and robin got lost on your tour of the Kremlin and wandered across Red Square into the men's shoe department at GUM.[​IMG]

What number last is that on your second runner-up? The "leather" on that shoe appears to be the same vinyl used on many banquets in Russia's fancier restaurants. [​IMG]

12. mattjames

mattjames Well-Known Member

13. andrewlef

andrewlef Well-Known Member

I don't normally search for Gucci shoes on ebay, but today I did and was rewarded with these beauties:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nice-pair-of-Guc...QQcmdZViewItem

WOW!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have never seen such an ugly pair of "high fashion" (note the quotes) shoes. I think these might be a winner. I bet at least one person got fired for designing those.

14. andrewlef

andrewlef Well-Known Member

If not... please show...

[​IMG]

Aubercy usually makes much more attractive shoes than that. I think they're trying to emulate Borgioli with respect to that kind of experimentation. They're not pulling it off well though. [​IMG]

See this one. They should call it the Frankenstein Wholecut. They ruined what could have been a very attractive shoe.
    [​IMG]

15. TIEALIGN

TIEALIGN Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You beat me to it!

16. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

I don't normally search for Gucci shoes on ebay, but today I did and was rewarded with these beauties:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nice-pair-of-Guc...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure what was worse, those shoes or the hilariously illiterate item description.

Those can't be real Gucci, can they? Those are hideous even for that company.

17. Orsini

Orsini Well-Known Member

[​IMG] ...it could be a lot worse. You could stick a shrunken head on each toe. On second though, that might start a trend...

18. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what was worse, those shoes or the hilariously illiterate item description.

Those can't be real Gucci, can they? Those are hideous even for that company.

that seller, kendochka2007, is selling fake Gucci merchandise.

19. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

If not... please show...

[​IMG]

Are these an Eric Glennie creation? [​IMG]