1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Are less retailers carrying NDG????

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Sherman90, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sherman90

Sherman90 Well-Known Member

I tend to purchase most of my clothes from the forum, but the few online retailers I do know about don't seem to be carrying NDG anymore...like context? Farinelli's?

Am I wrong? What's the deal?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I tend to purchase most of my clothes from the forum, but the few online retailers I do know about don't seem to be carrying NDG anymore...like context? Farinelli's?

Am I wrong? What's the deal?

NdG has really cut down on its domestic stockists (I've heard to just seven), but Brigade (www.clothingbrigade.com, an affiliate) still carries the line, as does Stels (www.shopstels.com) in Boston. You can find plenty of UK and European stockists, but the overseas prices are double domestic prices.

3. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Wow, wtf is NdG thinking ? That hooded blazer that Brigade is selling for 300 retails at 840 over here in Europe !

Other than that, yep there's indeed a shitload of webshop carrying NdG here as of recently (I can think of around 15 off the top of my head) but what's the point with those crazy prices, I can't imagine this turning well...

4. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

There are 2 shops in Van carrying it if you need a proxy.

5. 5tan

5tan Well-Known Member

Nomad in Toronto carries NDG. Probably one of the few, if not only retailer that carries.

6. Sherman90

Thanks, guys. I was just a bit worried that the paucity of online retailers was a sign that NDG was starting to flop. They're one of my favourite brands (if not my favourite), so that wouldn't have boded well with me.

Glad to know there are places in Van, Toronto, and elsewhere I can still check the line.

7. Captain Winky

Captain Winky Well-Known Member

Opening Ceremony in LA sells them, though IDK if they sell online.

8. ispace

ispace Well-Known Member

The latest NDG season seems to be made in China, no more Japanese mfg?

9. Sherman90

Is this for real?!?!?!?!

10. horton

horton Well-Known Member

Depends on the piece. Their shirts are from china but much of the other is still Japan, e.g., their shirt jacket is made in Japan and I believe all outerwear is. Also the stuff from China is supposedly from Japanese factories. No idea what that means but what I've heard....

Does Barney's still carry? I suspec that people may be dropping them because the prices were getting crazy.

11. jet

jet Well-Known Member

First ervell goes to korea now ndg china.

I was copping at a great time.

12. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Depends on the piece. Their shirts are from china but much of the other is still Japan, e.g., their shirt jacket is made in Japan and I believe all outerwear is. Also the stuff from China is supposedly from Japanese factories. No idea what that means but what I've heard....

Does Barney's still carry? I suspec that people may be dropping them because the prices were getting crazy.

I dunno what Isa and Co. are thinking, but I do know that they really cut back on their number of stockists, especially online stockists in the US, and that they sent out a memo to their NA stockists after buys had been made, announcing that the wholesale prices would be cut. It seems like most of their stuff is still made in Japan, and that the made in China stuff is from Japanese run factories. Anyway, it's not like their quality was rock solid anyway.

13. horton

horton Well-Known Member

what complaints have you had with the quality? I've been pretty happy with them (though they are pricey)

14. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

Is this for real?!?!?!?!

It started FW09 with accessories being made in China, now they are having more products made in China this season.

15. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

It's been said before.... there is a ton of great factories and very high quality products coming from China and Korea. Some things are made better in these countries if you use the right factories.

16. mordecai

mordecai Well-Known Member

First ervell goes to korea now ndg china.

I was copping at a great time.

whoa, ervell? really?

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

18. bowvalley2000

bowvalley2000 Well-Known Member

i bought a field jacket this season and it is made in japan