1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Are Gucci suits canvassed?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fredrik80, Oct 15, 2006.

1. fredrik80

fredrik80 Well-Known Member

Are gucci's suits canvassed or fused?
    I found a couple of suits from the 2005 collection, really nice peak-lapel 2 button pinstriped models, at a discount store here in sweden. $500 each and they fit really well on me. I tried doing the pinch test and it felt like they were canvassed to me, if they are, who makes them for gucci? Do they do them in their own factories?

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

Aren't they made by either Zegna or Belvest? And if so, they are most likely fully canvassed.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I think in 2005 they are likely made by Zegna. Wasn't it Prada that was made by Belvest, in the past anyways?

4. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

In 2005, the canvassed ones were made by Zegna. They also had a second line that was fused and about 2/3 the price of the real stuff.

5. Zubberah

Zubberah Well-Known Member

In 2005, the canvassed ones were made by Zegna. They also had a second line that was fused and about 2/3 the price of the real stuff.

Didn't know that Gucci made a 2nd line (notwithstanding Gucci Jeans on casual front)? What is it called pls?

I still own 2 Gucci suits and have owned 2 others in past. All fully canvassed. All made by Zegna (as was Gianni Versace Couture).

6. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

I think their fabrics are pretty but never could tell whether they were canvassed. So expensive too. I guess about 2 years ago I came to that fork in the road between designer suits and stuff like Isaia and never turned back.

7. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I think their fabrics are pretty but never could tell whether they were canvassed. So expensive too. I guess about 2 years ago I came to that fork in the road between designer suits and stuff like Isaia and never turned back.
    And haircuts?

8. SGladwell

SGladwell Well-Known Member

Didn't know that Gucci made a 2nd line (notwithstanding Gucci Jeans on casual front)? What is it called pls?.

No different markings from what I remember, just a lower price and inferior construction.

9. johnapril

And haircuts?

Nerf hurter!

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Gucci has a cruise line but it's an implied line not like Prada and Prada Sport.

11. johnapril

Gucci has a cruise line but it's an implied line not like Prada and Prada Sport.

I thought Gucci imposed.

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I thought Gucci imposed.
    Gucci crushes.