1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Aquascutum pocket square on eBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by EL72, Aug 27, 2006.

1. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I ordered one of these and haven't received it yet but they look quite nice and would go well with fall sportcoats, tweeds...imo. I prefer cotton, and linen, squares with heavier weight coats that have more texture, while I tend to prefer silks with suits. They are NIP and the price including shipping from the UK is very reasonable. Still a few left for those that are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

NB: I have no affiliation with the seller and just thought I'd pass along the info.

2. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks for the tip. I bought one and can get it sent to my 'home' address in Manchester, UK. Nice 'hanky' [​IMG]

I know it's not quite the same, but I did find some nice '2 dollar' cotton hankerchiefs last weak that would make good pocket squares (my first actually).

3. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the seller will wonder why there was a sudden rush on these hankies...

4. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

Thanks. I picked one up as well. Heck, how can you lose for a total of 3.70 GBP?

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

I have a feeling the seller will wonder why there was a sudden rush on these hankies...
    Flu season.

6. trogdor

trogdor Well-Known Member

argh -- they're all sold out now, because you North Americans are buying them in the middle of the sodding night!

7. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

argh -- they're all sold out now, because you North Americans are buying them in the middle of the sodding night!

Another batch have been listed. Better hurry this time...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

8. gj555

gj555 Well-Known Member

What colour suit, shirt and tie does this go with? Matching pocket squares is not something I do with regularity.

9. farooqm

farooqm Well-Known Member

Just picked one up. Thanks Eytan!

10. william

william Well-Known Member

I got one too...thanks!

11. DocHolliday

Only three left now ... I hope Trogdor's seen them, or that there's yet another batch!

12. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Well-Known Member

I just picked one up. Only one left!

13. DocHolliday

14. trogdor

OK, I missed the second batch, but just when I was about to throw my laptop out of the window with rage, I saw Doc's post, and picked one up from the third batch. Thanks everyone.

Has anyone received one yet? I suspect they might be, erm, "cover versions" shall we say? Still, they'll look pretty with tweed.

15. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

I suspect they might be, erm, "cover versions" shall we say?
    I wouldn't think so. At those prices how could they make much money? And I would choose a different brant to 'cover' if I were to do it. They're probably an older item and they got the stash somehow.

I keep being tempted...

16. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I haven't received mine yet but perhaps those in the UK will get theirs before North Americans.

As Alan said, I doubt they are fakes (and would never have posted them if I suspected as much) because counterfeiters prefer brands like LV, Gucci... to Aquascutum. The seller does seem to have a large stash of these so it's likely old stock they picked up for very little and are reselling on eBay. Little do they know the power of SF to create a frenzied buying spree for pocket squares... [​IMG] That said, as the poster of this item, I fear the wrath of SFers if the deal goes wrong for whatever reason. Though maybe I'll get banned and finally get some work done... [​IMG]

17. trogdor

As Alan said, I doubt they are fakes (and would never have posted them if I suspected as much) because counterfeiters prefer brands like LV, Gucci... to Aquascutum. The seller does seem to have a large stash of these so it's likely old stock they picked up for very little and are reselling on eBay.:
    You'd be surprised, actually. There are tons of counterfeit Acquascutum goods on Reading market (alongside Burberry and LV). Acquascutum has long been a brand which is favoured by football hooligans, so the scarves, baseball hats and polo shirts done out in their house check are at least as popular as similar items in the Burberry check. Then again, I've never seen a hoolie wearing a pocket square, so you're probably right!

18. AlanC

AlanC Well-Known Member

Okay, I gave in. I feel like such a Chav. Thankfully no one I come into contact with will have any idea what Aquascutum is, much less recognize the check. Guess I'll have to position the "Aquascutum" on the border so it shows in my pocket! [​IMG]

Maybe this will be the 'official' SF pocket square.

19. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Okay, I gave in. I feel like such a Chav. Thankfully no one I come into contact with will have any idea what Aquascutum is, much less recognize the check. Guess I'll have to position the "Aquascutum" on the border so it shows in my pocket! [​IMG]

Maybe this will be the 'official' SF pocket square.

You can tell if it's a fake if it says in the corner "Aquascrotum".

20. trogdor

You can tell if it's a fake if it says in the corner "Aquascrotum".

Nice -- I'll wear it with my "Bumberry" scarf.