1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Apple f***ing sucks

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Douglas, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Trust funds have babies now? I wasn't aware they were even f***ing.

Honestly all the lather people get into over this Mac vs PC rubbish is ridiculous.

It's a thing. It does a job. It's not important enough to get passionate about. If someone wants to use it, why should anybody else care?

One could say the same about clothes. [​IMG]

2. ScrappyBoy

ScrappyBoy Active Member

I have a Mac book pro ... $12,000, the thing freezes all the time from logic pro and all my
    software.........POS? Maybe....

But at the end of the day... Windows can't keep up, and isn't as media/artsy friendly.

Ghey.

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I have a Mac book pro ... $12,000, the thing freezes all the time from logic pro and all my
    software.........POS? Maybe....

But at the end of the day... Windows can't keep up, and isn't as media/artsy friendly.

Ghey.

Um... $12,000?!?!?

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

One could say the same about clothes. [​IMG]
    No one on this board - no one - is as obsessive and antagonistic as you are with Macs, but about clothes. It's not even close.

5. Tokyo Slim

No one on this board - no one - is as obsessive and antagonistic as you are with Macs, but about clothes. It's not even close.
    Bullshit. I've never photo-essayed tearing apart a half dozen computers to show you the inferior build quality. There is a 60 page plus thread where Manton argues against wearing black suits to work. You are right that it's not even close. You just aren't smart enough or too biased to see it. You accuse me of being obsessive and antagonistic, but you are the one who always has to open his fat mouth and say something stupid to or about me. Why is that? I address specific posts, you always come in looking for a fight. Have you contributed anything to this thread? I just looked over it and I can't find a single thing out of your mouth but complaints. Maybe you should stay out of these threads from now on. Unless you'd like to have me insult you. In which case, I'm more than happy to oblige. You just let me know by continuing your present course of action.

6. Tokyo Slim

God damn can we have one thread related to Apple computers that doesn't become an unreadable shit heap in 5 posts?
    Imagine this thread in a different context: - Band of Outsiders fucking sucks!! The button fell off my shirt and I can't get it back on! - LOL I know you shouldnt have bought that shit rofl - Hey I have some band of outsiders shirts and they're holding up well, the one with the button fell off was fixed promptly by good service - FFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - you fucking stupid BOO evangelists and your cultist bullshit! Im sick of you assholes trying to sell your shit on everyone you ever talk to! 6 more pages!
    Laughing at that ugly-as-sin computer tower.
    Who the hell uses Century Gothic as a system font?
    For the record, this is every single post you've made in this thread. Note how none of them have had any real merit or constructive intent? You might as well have never even looked in here. You've offered nothing but insults and bitching to a thread that probably didn't need any more of that. I think I have it covered. I stay out of your emo music and tight jeans threads. You can stay out of the Apple sucks thread.

7. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

You crack me up, dude. Whatever you say, chief. If you can't tell the difference between humor and obsession, that's not my problem.

8. Tokyo Slim

You crack me up, dude. Whatever you say, chief. If you can't tell the difference between humor and obsession, that's not my problem.

Ah, so you were just kidding?

Classic fall-back line of a guy who talks shit he can't back up. The problem is, none of what you said was funny.

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

10. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I hate Macs.
    Is it because all the people you work with use Macs?

11. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I hate Macs too, and that's exactly the reason. I'm sick of these lawyers who bought a Mac book coming to me because they can't do half the shit they need to anymore to get their work done.

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

No, it's mostly the superiority complex. And the lulz caused by people who buy the counterculture image when it's just a big corporation like any other.

13. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

No, it's mostly the superiority complex. And the lulz caused by people who buy the counterculture image when it's just a big corporation like any other.

A big corporation whose anti-competitive and monopolistic business practices would make even MS blush.

edit: Don't mistake me for a MS fanboy like Tokyo. I hate Windows too, but at least it's better than a Mac. In a perfect world, we'd all come to our senses and run Linux.

14. JustinW

JustinW Well-Known Member

I [​IMG] my MacBook and kinda regret leaving my writing gig at Apple.

15. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

I bought an iPhone a week ago. Woke up this morning and the thing was dead a doornail. That was the final straw with that slow, proprietary, poorly designed piece of crap. Back to the Apple store I went. Now you can call me on my Blackberry.

16. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

No shortage of superiority complexes on display here from people rubbishing Apple owners as "trust fund babies", "people who buy the counterculture image", etc.

What I don't get is the sheer venom being expressed against people who DARE to think differently from you, TS and others here when it comes to investing their hard-earned in technology. Let them; it's no concern of yours.

17. Tokyo Slim

No shortage of superiority complexes on display here from people rubbishing Apple owners as "trust fund babies", "people who buy the counterculture image", etc.

What I don't get is the sheer venom being expressed against people who DARE to think differently from you, TS and others here when it comes to investing their hard-earned in technology. Let them; it's no concern of yours.

I don't get why people feel the need to make it our concern.

18. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

What I don't get is the sheer venom being expressed against people who DARE to think differently from you,

This is why I have to get a Zune.

19. mjHession

mjHession Well-Known Member

Did you opt for a small timer's model ?
    Over the years we've picked up a few of their pro-grade, custom-configured Macs and these things
    have been as solid as The Brandenburg Gate [​IMG]

+1, their tp end stuff is nice, but the macbook(non pro)/Mac mini, are not worth the cost, the extra money for the imac/mac(book) pro are a necessary investment to go with.

That said I've had macs for 10 years now, have always loved them. got a new iMac it's sweet, and totally make my macbook seem shitty.

20. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member