• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis x Styleforum x Context heavy military shirt: the launch

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
randomdorean what made you choose size S over XS? I'm as tall as you and I weigh about the same but I bought a XS.

I can vouch for this shirt. I walked through hardcore Seattle rain one day which soaked the entire thing. I expected to trash it after that. It dried up ASAP and went all good again.

I never cared much for Spring/Summer jackets until this piece came along.

It looks best under another button up shirt like those $76 MJK ones. Not a big fan of just wearing it with a tee.

Pretty gangster piece.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 I don't really like it with a tee, but love it with a button up. I usually always wear it as a light jacket with it completely unbuttoned.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it looks somewhat awkward above another button-up. Something about dual collars bothers me. I prefer a t-shirt or henley myself.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really been a fan of this shirt. Haven't really looked at much other Apolis stuff either.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly i went with small cuz context told me too hahahaha. I would love to try on a XS. but i wear a small in American apparel, alternative apparel, H&M easy iron shirts. so do you wear the same size? is your XS tight on you?

i mean my S could be a lil bit smaller but i guess they didnt want me to get too small. can you wear a button down under yours even in an XS? **** maybe i need to trade!!!

i will wear it alot more in spring either on top of a tee or a button down so i guess using as a light jacket i chose small. what do you think?

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
+1 I don't really like it with a tee, but love it with a button up. I usually always wear it as a light jacket with it completely unbuttoned.
This is exactly how I wear it. Sometimes I put a henley underneath instead of a button up. Wearing it as a reg button shirt either makes you look too plain or you end up looking like "that creepy guy".
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
honestly i went with small cuz context told me too hahahaha. I would love to try on a XS. but i wear a small in American apparel, alternative apparel, H&M easy iron shirts. so do you wear the same size? is your XS tight on you? i mean my S could be a lil bit smaller but i guess they didnt want me to get too small. can you wear a button down under yours even in an XS? **** maybe i need to trade!!! i will wear it alot more in spring either on top of a tee or a button down so i guess using as a light jacket i chose small. what do you think?
I wear XS in every top I have. My XS isn't tight on me it fits me perfectly. Mines fits excellent as a light jacket over a button up, henley, or tee.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
you end up looking like "that creepy guy".
^ Is that a reference to the SuFu mod? I think it looks fine on him as he wears it, although I never wear it that way myself.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've worn it over a T, a cardigan, and a button up shirt and liked the way it looked on all three. I picked up a medium which looked awesome buttoned all the way up like a shirt, but I couldn't breathe and my arms lost circulation so I sized up to a large, which is too boxy to look good buttoned up.

Definitely agree that pics don't do it justice.

stp82906bx0.jpg

stp83043tx4.jpg

stp83237.jpg

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
^
Is that a reference to the SuFu mod? I think it looks fine on him as he wears it, although I never wear it that way myself.

Who? When I see people wearing this shirt jacket I think they either look like a creepy guy, a regular looking guy, or a badAZZ.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone wanna trade an xs for a small? sounds like i may have gone up too big!!!

damn it! i wonder if context can do anything for me?!?!?!

KaiserSose

Reaction score
This is exactly how I wear it. Sometimes I put a henley underneath instead of a button up. Wearing it as a reg button shirt either makes you look too plain or you end up looking like "that creepy guy". I wear XS in every top I have. My XS isn't tight on me it fits me perfectly. Mines fits excellent as a light jacket over a button up, henley, or tee.
My only aversion to wearing it with a button up is I don't want the indigo to stain anything of value. If this isn't an issue I would definitely considering wearing it with other things. I hope no one takes this personally, but I think it looks much better on people with dark hair / tan. Random: I thought it looked pretty good on you in your pictures. I think that size works for you (although its hard to tell for sure with the angles).

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
My only aversion to wearing it with a button up is I don't want the indigo to stain anything of value. If this isn't an issue I would definitely considering wearing it with other things.

I hope no one takes this personally, but I think it looks much better on people with dark hair / tan.

Random: I thought it looked pretty good on you in your pictures. I think that size works for you (although its hard to tell for sure with the angles).

I wear it over lighter colors all the time and I've yet to stain anything.
eh.gif

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. When worn as a plain shirt over a fair hair / light skinned person it ends up looking like a costume piece for some creepy guy in a movie.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear XS in every top I have. My XS isn't tight on me it fits me perfectly. Mines fits excellent as a light jacket over a button up, henley, or tee.

wait sorry for beating a dead horse but let me clarify ... so you wear an XS in H&M and both AA's? if so then i think Small is ok for me ... PLEASE REASSURE ME! haha so what exact brands are you wearing in size XS in "every top."

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KaiserSose
I hope no one takes this personally, but I think it looks much better on people with dark hair / tan.

Random: I thought it looked pretty good on you in your pictures. I think that size works for you (although its hard to tell for sure with the angles).

YOU ARE RACIST LOL ... hahahahha

i will post pics in a few minutes from a better angle. please let me know if i should have sized down

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^FYI I think yours looks great. I don't know why you'd want an XS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads