1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chiral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. djh

djh Well-Known Member

Not sure, ask them.

2. dougie

dougie Well-Known Member

Me either, Farinellis and Context disagree on the measurements. Went with a 33 even though my normal tagged size is 31.

Yep, I did the exact same thing. Interesting to see the differences in measuring methods, but I still have no idea whether they're going to be too big or not. Good times!

3. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Not sure, ask them.

Pants are already on the way so I'll find out soon enough. [​IMG]

4. wagthesam

wagthesam Well-Known Member

I want the trench style stuff to be back, workwear doesnt really work for me at all.

5. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Got the pants today. Two notes: 1. they're not the chocolate brown on the website, they're washed chocolate brown. gf described them as having "eggplant" undertones, they look great in person. 2. go TTS on these. I went one size up b/c of thigh measurements and they're baggy all-around.

6. dougie

dougie Well-Known Member

Got the pants today. Two notes:

1. they're not the chocolate brown on the website, they're washed chocolate brown. gf described them as having "eggplant" undertones, they look great in person.

2. go TTS on these. I went one size up b/c of thigh measurements and they're baggy all-around.

Got mine too. I was hoping for the chocolate brown, actually, but this isn't bad, either. The material's great.

I got the officer's chinos as well and these things are great. The fit's fantastic. My one minor quibble is that they have a zipper fly, but that's really just nitpicking.

7. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Well-Known Member

anyone get the USMC wax canvas jacket yet?

8. jsg28

jsg28 Well-Known Member

Just got mine today from the boys at Context. The fit rocks and the fabrication is excellent. I am a bit torn however between this and the bomber. The thing is that I wear denim pretty much every day and I like a bit of contrast between the denim and the top, so I am not sure about a navy jacket for everyday use. Is that wrong?

Now that I write this I realize that I wear a navy Buzz Rickson peacoat all winter long. Man, I give this way too much thought...

9. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

Got mine too. I was hoping for the chocolate brown, actually, but this isn't bad, either. The material's great.

Agreed, love the material.

10. phoenixrecon

Just got mine today from the boys at Context. The fit rocks and the fabrication is excellent. I am a bit torn however between this and the bomber. The thing is that I wear denim pretty much every day and I like a bit of contrast between the denim and the top, so I am not sure about a navy jacket for everyday use. Is that wrong?

Now that I write this I realize that I wear a navy Buzz Rickson peacoat all winter long. Man, I give this way too much thought...

could you post some fit pics and detail pics?

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

are the t shirt and the military thermal preshrunk? or will it get a bit smaller after wash?

12. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

^Context says the were both "washed twice, will not shrink".

13. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Well-Known Member

Does anybody know anything about the sizing on these? It looks like Context's chart is all messed up because the medium and large apparently have the same shoulder and chest measurements, and that can't be right. I'm usually between a medium and a large. Anybody know if these tend to run smaller or bigger then other brands?
    [​IMG]

14. phoenixrecon

they run tts for almost everything. If your a medium most of the time your a medium, visa versa

15. Jbreen1

Jbreen1 Well-Known Member

But is it sized as a jacket or as a shirt?

16. phoenixrecon

from the picture it looks like a jacket. but id email context

17. breakz

breakz Well-Known Member

I was waiting for that Apolis plaid, and now...for SS10...

[​IMG]

18. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

did anyone actually buy the military thermal? is it worth it? the thumb loops are intriguing although not really sure if its practical and being white, must get dirty ridiculously easily

19. akaidiot

akaidiot Well-Known Member

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

I was waiting for that Apolis plaid, and now...for SS10...

[​IMG]

Oh mein gott. I can't wait to do my Spring buy. I love their stuff.