1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chiral, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

That's a great fit for you. I don't like your choice of pants and footwear with it though. I think the texture and color would be a lot more attractive with either jeans or some different boots. Too much brown.

2. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Mine definitely needs tailoring. Do you think it's doable, or is just too big and I should give it up?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. garmis

garmis Well-Known Member

Caveat, I don't think that looks bad at all, especially from the back. It's fine in the shoulders, and just a little chest (or waist I cannot really tell from your photo) suppression would make a great fit. Cheap alteration, go for it.

And to answer your question, yes I moved into a house, down off SoCo. Good attention to detail!

4. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I don't think it looks bad, caveat. Just button it and decide if the amount of room in the jacket works for you. I think a semi-relaxed fit on this jacket is good, anyway. The one problem with altering is that you pretty much have to give up on the liner fitting in again, unless you alter that as well.

5. onion

onion Well-Known Member

The 3 owners of Apolis Activism were interviewed on Fox News' lunch time program yesterday. They talked about how they are active in each of their factories spread across 5 countries, and about some of the humanitarian work they are doing. It was a pretty short interview, but sort of cool they were even on the show the begin with.

6. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'll probably get the liner altered as well just so I'll have the option.

7. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

<3 my CPO (post-alteration) [​IMG]

8. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

Looks great, zissou. I almost nabbed one during the context sale, in the end the epaulets put me off.

9. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

Caveat - I think that jacket looks great as-is.

10. lifeisgood

lifeisgood New Member

11. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Caveat - I think that jacket looks great as-is.

Thanks. The shoulders falling off like that don't bother anyone?

12. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Looks great, zissou. I almost nabbed one during the context sale, in the end the epaulets put me off.

I was in the same boat. I've never been able to stomach epaulets.

13. Binker

Binker Well-Known Member

Thanks. The shoulders falling off like that don't bother anyone?

I don't like the baggy fit either. It definitely looks too big in both the shoulders and chest. You actually might be able to wear a small, maybe try posting a trade thread in the B&S. Either way, I don't see why a good tailor wouldn't be able to make it fit perfectly.

14. Nosu3

Nosu3 Well-Known Member

I have a medium USMC jacket if anyone is interested in buying

15. Clyde

Clyde Well-Known Member

I just picked up the Apolis Activism Wax navy bomber jacket. My favourite jacket to date. Big thanks to Shea at Apolis.

16. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

Caveat,
    I have a similar fit on my Apolis USMC jacket in a size medium. Question: Does it seem a bit snug when you raise your arms out in front of you? I'm trying to get a sense of whether a medium is just too small, or if it is the cut of the coat. The cuffs and length seem right, but it just tightens up in the chest on me a bit. I don't know if it is a peculiarity of that liner and waxed canvas, or me. Just wondering if you had a similar experience.

Thanks

17. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

The fabric is very constricting. Taking out the liner helps a lot. Actually, I don't know if I can wear it with the liner unless I'm just sitting around somewhere. So yeah, it's probably not just the fit.