• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

APC and Nudie in San Diego

alexpham

Reaction score
I'm looking for my first pair of raw, or look-alike raw, jeans and I really wanted to get some APC New Standards or Nudie RRDS, but no stores in San Diego seem to carry them. I do not like to buy jeans online because I really prefer to try jeans on in the store to see how they fit. The closest place that carries them seems to be at South Coast Plaza or Los Angeles and driving all the way up there is a really huge hassle for me.

Know of any stores around the San Diego area that may have them in stock?

[PS If not, I may have to resort to my last option: True Religion raws. I know, I know. They're not loved around here and the back pocket sure is big, but at least this new Bobby fit seems to look pretty nice.]

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Dude, seriously you should wait until you go to Los Angeles. Then you can go to Fred Segal and find a pair of Jean Shop Jeans. Then you will be completely content. Nah, seriously though. You should wait and find something that you really like, unless of course you have money out the wah zoo.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Yea go to LA. Its worth the drive. There are only a couple good stores in San Diego. STEADYBTQ and UNSTEADY both have some raw jeans.. STEADYBTQ I dont remember what brand, and UNSTEADY has Prps.

YoungPunch

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego, and yeah theres nothing here. Go to LA, or wait until your next road trip up to frisco to try on jeans. I just order online. Although, I remember reading something either here or on Supertalk about a store in hillcrest or northpark that sells julian red. Might want to search for the store name and check it out.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungPunch
I'm in San Diego, and yeah theres nothing here. Go to LA, or wait until your next road trip up to frisco to try on jeans. I just order online. Although, I remember reading something either here or on Supertalk about a store in hillcrest or northpark that sells julian red. Might want to search for the store name and check it out.

The place is in La Jolla. its a lingerie shop, but they also carry men's Julian Red.

YoungPunch

Reaction score
In La Jolla? I'll have to check it out. When I was in Hawaii in the ala moana shopping center, the ralph lauren store had some selvage jeans and denim jackets from RRL. I know there is a ralph lauren store in la jolla too. I wonder if they carry the RRL denim line. Also, I was at the outlet mall at the border about two weeks ago, and at the Neiman Marcus outlet store they were selling Earnest sewn half-selvage buckle back (don't know the style name) for like $85. Thats all I know for denim here in SD...

tays

Reaction score
Check out JEP boutique in La Jolla Last time I was there in March, they had some Nudie RRDG and Bootcut Olas. Rumor is they also sell Denimbirds for girls too. They sell some stuff online too. www.jepboutique.com. I think they just changed locations so you might want to call and see where they are now. Hope this helps.

alexpham

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tays
Check out JEP boutique in La Jolla Last time I was there in March, they had some Nudie RRDG and Bootcut Olas. Rumor is they also sell Denimbirds for girls too. They sell some stuff online too. www.jepboutique.com. I think they just changed locations so you might want to call and see where they are now. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot! I just checked out the web site and it seems like this place was exactly what I was looking for. And I never even knew it existed! Oh, Style Forum, where would I be without thou?

Now I'm off to, hopefully, Nudie and Trovata goodness
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics