1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Apartment/condo dwellers - how big is your pad and how many bedrooms do you have?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by merkur, Jun 20, 2010.

1. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I love having a large bathroom - it's a rare indulgence given typical apartment layouts in NYC.

2. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

Apt in Tokyo: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 small balconies ... around 1800 square feet.
    [​IMG]

3. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I like the bedroom > walk-in > bathroom configuration.

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

Apt in Tokyo: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 small balconies ... around 1800 square feet.

Nice apartment. Baller because it's in Tokyo.

5. blackjack

blackjack Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 'walk-in closet' is an accurate description. Some Japanese guy probably misunderstood when making the floor plan. Rather it's more like a short hallway with two large floor to ceiling closets on each side - there aren't any clothes hanging out in the open. And, since the closet doors are white, one might not even realize they are there. All one sees is a short hallway between the master bedroom and master bathroom.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure 'walk-in closet' is an accurate description. Some Japanese guy probably misunderstood when making the floor plan. Rather it's more like a short hallway with two large floor to ceiling closets on each side - there aren't any clothes hanging out in the open. And, since the closet doors are white, one might not even realize they are there. All one sees is a short hallway between the master bedroom and master bathroom.

Oh forget it then - not as cool. I've visited apartments with a walk-in (or walk-thru) closet with everything in the open, wooden shelves, sometimes a little bench to put on shoes. That was pretty cool.

7. turboman808

turboman808 Well-Known Member

I love having a large bathroom - it's a rare indulgence given typical apartment layouts in NYC.

I don't have a large bathroom but I feel that way about my bedroom. Fits a king size bed and has about 6 feet to both sides of it. The other places I looked at I couldn't fit my bed in.

8. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

Me too. It allows everyone to have space during the AM rush.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I like the bedroom > walk-in > bathroom configuration.

My gf's bedroom/closet/bathroom is set up like that. I like it too.

10. Egdon Heath

Egdon Heath Well-Known Member

Not sure the exact size because I don't know how many sq. feet in a '94 Cutlass.

11. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

2 BR, 86 square metres/925 square foot (thank you google).

I just moved in here, and I love my place.

Basically it's great because it has a really large living room and a really large master bedroom, and a tiny ass second bedroom.

Since I live alone, this means I have a real lot of usable space for myself, since I pretty much never set foot in bedroom 2 anyhow.

12. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Oh forget it then - not as cool. I've visited apartments with a walk-in (or walk-thru) closet with everything in the open, wooden shelves, sometimes a little bench to put on shoes. That was pretty cool.

It's a nice format, but you've got to make sure that either the bathroom has plenty of ventilation, or that you close the bathroom door whilst you're taking a shower (and immediately afterwards). Otherwise, the steam comes out of the bathroom, into your walk-in robe, and your clothes get mouldy.

13. AutoX

AutoX Active Member

Just moved to Washington D.C.

My place is ~1500 sq ft, top floor of a four floor building. Two story unit with 2/2 on first floor and a quasi-loft (no overlook to first floor) on the second floor. First floor balcony is about 100 sq ft, second floor balcony is edging on ~1000 sq ft. Upstairs is 9 floor to ceiling windows on three sides. Living room is ridiculous, about 40 x 14. Will post up some pics later. Real wood everywhere except the 2 bedrooms, halogen high hats all over as well. First floor is 10' ceilings and second is ~8'.

We have views of the Washington monument from each and most of the city from the second level balcony.

All for the low low price of $3,000/month [​IMG]

14. otc

otc Well-Known Member

My place is ~1500 sq ft, top floor of a four floor building. Two story unit with 2/2 on first floor and a quasi-loft (no overlook to first floor) on the second floor. First floor balcony is about 100 sq ft, second floor balcony is edging on ~1000 sq ft. Upstairs is 9 floor to ceiling windows on three sides. Living room is ridiculous, about 40 x 14. Will post up some pics later. Real wood everywhere except the 2 bedrooms, halogen high hats all over as well. First floor is 10' ceilings and second is ~8'.

We have views of the Washington monument from each and most of the city from the second level balcony.

Hey guys, I just bought something and it is really super awesome and I want to brag about it some more but all of my friends are sick of hearing about how really super awesome it is it so I joined your forum and dug up a dead thread so that I could make sure you guys know how really super awesome it is.

15. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I just bought something and it is really super awesome and I want to brag about it some more but all of my friends are sick of hearing about how really super awesome it is it so I joined your forum and dug up a dead thread so that I could make sure you guys know how really super awesome it is.

Are you doing this spiel in Eric Cartman's voice?

16. Usul

Usul Well-Known Member

For that price it must have come with some brownfield tax credits.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Who rattles off the exact number of windows and ceiling height of his apartment's rooms? And a rental too... I have no idea how many windows there are in our place.

18. vitaminc

vitaminc Well-Known Member

about 3500 sqft, 2 bedrooms.

thats pretty balling at SF... maybe not googler balling but still...

19. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Who rattles off the exact number of windows and ceiling height of his apartment's rooms? And a rental too... I have no idea how many windows there are in our place.
    Why, are you offended? I'm actually curious to see what the apartment looks like.

20. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I knew at one point because I had to pay to have every one of them waterproofed. [​IMG]