1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have experience with this? (outerwear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr. Moo, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

2. agavilanes

agavilanes Well-Known Member

No experience, but it looks pretty cool...

3. JFKJean

JFKJean Well-Known Member

i'm not a huge fan of 3 button jackets but it looks pretty good from here

4. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

5. Irond Will

Irond Will Well-Known Member

Hmm, so which would be more practical for my needs? The one in the first post, or this J. G. Glover jacket in charcoal:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/7...l-For-Men.html

I like the first one better in the context of "less casual for odd trousers and button up shirts". There's also something appealing about the idea of "updating" the construction of the sport coat to provide more warmth while preserving most of the design specifications. That said, I have no idea how the bib thing works in practice or if the various components end up compromising the overall look.

On the other hand, it's black, which will probably mean that most people here will hate it. I kind of dig it, personally.

6. Chips

Chips Well-Known Member

I think it looks nice and would be rather versatile.

7. agavilanes

agavilanes Well-Known Member

Hmm, so which would be more practical for my needs? The one in the first post, or this J. G. Glover jacket in charcoal: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/7...l-For-Men.html
    # 1 is more versatile by far.

Have you considered barbour jackets? They can also fit the "less casual than my North Face to wear with odd trousers and button up shirts". STP has em.

8. Irond Will

Apparently the "Kroon" line names its jackets after musicians, and "Ritchie" is presumably "Lionel Ritchie," which is kind of disappointing. On the other hand, they have a burgundy cord blazer called "Waits" that I now kind of want solely because of the name, even though it is a little homely and shapeless. edit: [​IMG]

9. Irond Will

By the way, that Kroon cord sportcoat just came in and I love it. Feels robust, the color is more rust orange than burgundy, fits surprisingly well (especially in the sleeves), isn't cut as sack-like as it appears in the picture, and the stitching seems to have been done with a verdigris thread, which imparts a kind of patina that I love.

It ain't Brioni or anything, but I really think it meets my needs for a good, warm casual sportcoat. It will go great with jeans.

1 person likes this.