1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone had experience with Cifonelli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Clovis Sangrail, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

they also have Drapers, Harrisons, Smith Woollens, Eurotex, W. Bill, Schofield & Smith, Dormeuil, Loro Piana, but yes he only brings a selection

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

^ Thanks for the update. Good luck, and I'm hope you'll post pics of the completed garment.

3. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

This is gorgeous:

[​IMG]

4. Griffyndor

Griffyndor Well-Known Member

That is one of the pictures I brought to show what I liked. I ended up getting that style but with two buttons in a fabric from the scabal romance book. Everything I own from Huntsman is one button, so I wanted something different but that jacket really caught my eye as well.

5. mafoofan

I could see myself wearing this stuff--but it would make zero sense along with my Rubinacci gear.

6. Griffyndor

But as long as you looked great in both I bet you would be happy. And I bet wearing Cifonelli pants with a Rubinacci jacket would look pretty good. With Huntsman, there is zero hope of mixing and matching.

7. mafoofan

I don't even mean mixing and matching outfits. I mean the wardrobe chaos. It would drive me nuts just to think about.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  8. Griffyndor

Well, no offense, but if you've posted on this board 17000 times, you went nuts on this shit a long time ago. No big deal. I did as well. But it is probably too late for me to get right in the head. Lorenzo is obsessed as well in a good way

9. Randall651

Randall651 New Member

Absolutely agree with the poster who compared Cifonelli suits to English suits. Cifonelli's suits are much more beautifully made and the finishing is phenomenal. The English suits tend to me more comfortable to wear, however, especially Anderson & Sheppard. Karl Lagerfield said you can spot a Cifonelli suit from blocks away and he is correct. Worth every penny and they are no more expensive than the top ready made brands like Kiton. They do require several fittings however, so it's handy if you travel to Europe often.

10. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Well-Known Member

11. ebayhtl

ebayhtl Well-Known Member

Hi guys - does Cifonelli do RTW suits, for those looking at a lower price range? Thanks.

Edit - asked in other thread mentioned above, thanks.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

would love to see some updates to this thread

13. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

^The lining on one of my jackets is coming apart at the seams, AGAIN. Also, buttons keep falling off my pantaloons....:(

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Handmade brah, embrace.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  15. Kuro

Kuro Well-Known Member

:confused: If so then sewing machines should be employed..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. Griffyndor

ThinkDerm -
    My experiences over the last two years have been fantastic. I would guess I've ordered about 10 suits. Cifonelli has become my only tailor (although if exchange rates were different I would likely still spend a little money on clothing denominated in pounds). My sense is that Cifonelli is in a league of its own. There are certainly other tailors that display an equal, or perhaps greater, level of workmanship, but I don't think that there is anyone that can execute the range of styles. I also think that the feel of the suits is unique (although I've never tried camps). I'm happy to share anything that you want to know.

1 person likes this.
  17. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

would you kindly post some photos of you wearing your commissions?

18. Griffyndor

^there should be pics of me wearing 3 or 4 of the suits in the french tailoring thread.

19. harryx2

harryx2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Interview with Lorenzo Cifonelli:

We will never see you wearing...
    Surprisingly, I am not overly fond of business suits. Not that I don’t like them, but it isn't really my style, especially since I run around the workshop all day long...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015