1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone had a BAD exp with prestigetime.com?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Sep 20, 2007.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

I ordered my Omega seamaster from www.prestigetime.com and had a great experience with them. My buddy is a little nervous about ordering his wristwatch online-- has anyone had a bad experience with Prestige Time?

Is there any reason to believe their watches are counterfeit, and why are their prices so much less than Tourneau (for example)?

What is the most expensive watch you've purchased on prestigetime.com?

Thanks, guys! trying to get my buddy to purchase a steel bracelet JLC master compressor, instead of a ho-hum rolex or a breitling.

1 person likes this.
  2. CommercialDoc

CommercialDoc Well-Known Member

I have heard nothing but good reports on prestigetime from both family and friends who have used them

3. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

They are a legitmate seller, never heard of any bad experiences with them. Their prices are lower because they are a grey market dealer, they get their watches from authorized dealers (dealers get the watches at 50% retail for most brands), they work on a lower margin or in a broker capacity and they do not offer manufacturer warranties. Many grey market dealers offer the manufacturer warranty so prestigetime is actually a bit behind the game. Malaysia and Singapore are the cheapest places in the world to buy a watch. I know of two very good/very reputable Malaysian grey market dealers that give unbeatable prices and the manufacturer warranty.

edit: On most ETA movement watches (Omega, Breitling etc), I wouldn't care about a manufacturer warranty versus a dealers warranty as those watches can be fixed by a trained monkey. For the JLC or the other higher end brands, I'd probably want the manufacturer warranty.

4. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Well-Known Member

And who would those be ed?

5. edmorel

And who would those be ed?

Collectors Time Gallery (Zeetan is the proprietor) is considered to be the best grey market dealer in the world by many of the denizens of the watch forums. If you prefer a US/NYC guy, I highly recommend Richard at Paladin Timepieces, he deals in Lange/Bregeut/AP etc and his prices and service are top notch, and his watches come from many well known AD's.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

I echo everything Ed said. I only recommend them to people who are scared of ordering a watch from Singapore or Malaysia though. If they're not concerned about that, the best options are with a handful of grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore. Better prices, full OEM warranty and 48-72 hour delivery.

To answer the OP's question, I have a colleague here who ordered a Lange from PT - that would be the most expensive watch purchase from them that I'm familiar with

7. nmoraitis

nmoraitis Well-Known Member

Thanks ed! Do these sellers have a web presence?

8. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Well-Known Member

Omega authorised dealers get 45% off the list on the majority of the range, you won't have to try too hard to get one to split that with you. I would use list less 22.5% as the market price from an authorised retailer, I would look at the saving to be made in the grey market against that price and not the list.

9. edmorel

Thanks ed! Do these sellers have a web presence?

http://www.collectorstime.com/

http://www.paladinltd.net/

If you use Richard at Paladin, tell him I sent you as I may be buying something from him at the end of the year and I could use the "refer a customer" credit [​IMG]

10. dr.no

dr.no Well-Known Member

11. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

Richard has some nice toys
    Many of which are kept in his attic. [​IMG]

12. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Zeetan's Omegas are priced nicely, too!

13. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Richard has some nice toys[​IMG]
    http://www.paladinltd.net/Stereo.htm

I'd like to throw one of the Analord LPs on that bitch and tear the room down.

14. CommercialDoc

I echo everything Ed said. I only recommend them to people who are scared of ordering a watch from Singapore or Malaysia though. If they're not concerned about that, the best options are with a handful of grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore. Better prices, full OEM warranty and 48-72 hour delivery.

To answer the OP's question, I have a colleague here who ordered a Lange from PT - that would be the most expensive watch purchase from them that I'm familiar with

Who are the grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore your reccomend?

15. scot

scot Well-Known Member

Check around for some references to real authorized dealers. I got my tag at 35% off from an authorized dealer with stamp and real warrantee. The only requirement is you call you order you get it the next day [​IMG] I don't know if they would extend it to omega, and truthfully I don't want to know. I *really* want that orange faced planet ocean with the orange/black strap. No in store purchases with the discount.

16. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Well-Known Member

I bought 2 watches from them just last week as gifts for my parents - very good service.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Who are the grey mkt dealers in KL and Singapore your reccomend?

zeetan (timecollectors) in KL
    Sean (timephilosophy) in Singapore

18. Neo1824

Neo1824 Well-Known Member

I purchased a Tag from prestigetime and had a great experience as well.

19. CommercialDoc

zeetan (timecollectors) in KL
    Sean (timephilosophy) in Singapore

I assume prices are negotiable? Prestigetime throws in at least a little discount if you try.

20. Kaizen

Kaizen Well-Known Member

Another satisfied Zeetan customer here. I bought a Chronoswiss Delphis from him last year.

A good place to get reviews on watch-sellers is at http://www.watchnet.com/. Click on the 'Good Guys' tab and search away.