1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone familiar with World of Alfa Custom Shirts?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by loveandhate, Jun 26, 2011.

1. loveandhate

loveandhate Member

To be clear, I am in no way, shape or form thinking that this may be a Cego level competitor. It's clearly not. However, this company does have a good online ordering system and some of the lowest prices I've seen for custom shirts. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience ordering from here and if they would be a decent alternative to slimfit OTR shirts from the likes of DKNY and Calvin Klein. I'm helping my nephew put a work wardrobe together on a tight budget and this would be a cool suggestion if they were any good. Anyone? http://www.worldofalfa.com

2. muchisgiven

muchisgiven Well-Known Member

I actually had a friend that introduced me to it...He showed me a suit and a shirt that he got from there. I was pretty impressed by the look, but I didn't get to inspect the details...

So I would be cautious about it....Maybe start off with a shirt, then see if it's something that you like

3. arrrdubb

arrrdubb New Member

Saw a mention of these guys in Men's Health. Gonna give it a shot. Under 50 bucks for custom shirt doesn't sound too bad.

4. arrrdubb

arrrdubb New Member

Received my first shirt today. Here are some things to note:

- ordered the $29 custom tailored shirt
    - order took a little over 5 weeks from date of order
    - overall quality (stitching and material) is very good
    - sizing was accurate

Would order again. I ordered one shirt as a trial to see if it was worth doing again. I goofed on one of the measurements so unfortunately can't use the shirt. I just put in another order with the right measurements and am anxiously waiting for the new shirt.

Hope this helps.

5. thundar41

thundar41 New Member

I have ordered 4 shirts so far and have been very pleased with them. My first shirt I was a little off but not enough to complain. I tried the pants and was off in my crotch area. I had got a seamstress to do all of my measurements and I had emailed them back would it be possible for an additional 1/4 yard to make my pants correct, they did and they did not even charge me

6. Irchik92

Irchik92 New Member

Hello, I know this post is 3 years old but i wanted to show you the new compensation plan of Alfa.
    what is your email?

7. bob23

bob23 New Member

Hello all,

I would like to know more about the quality delivered. May be someone can provide me some photos for an actual items on my email..
    bralayli@hotmail.com

8. Qurashima

Qurashima New Member

Hi All! My name is Qurashima. I work for World of Alfa! And Yes! Our clothing are great in quality and prices! The fit can be compared to your highest quality custom-made or off-the-rack garments. If anyone is interested, Check out what we have to offer on my website or Email me..
    www.shoponline.alfadesigner.com
    qurashima@gmail.com
    Instagram: @AlfaCustomClothiers

9. Qurashima

Qurashima New Member

I just emailed you! :)

10. Venihay

Venihay New Member

I am about to place a order for a friend of mine. (her ex-husband really)
    This is a guy that has no idea of what fashion is but he loved my shirt combos
    for him.
    I was a buyer at a Los Angeles clothing store. (Fred Segal)
    I thought that I would take a look at your commission package and I was pretty
    excited about the idea of your product. Mainly because I have a HUGE clientele list from
    Fred Segal and I thought "hey this would be a really great place to re connect with a lot of the men.

But wow In all my retail history I have never seen a poorer payment plan.
    Wow I just can't believe that I could have 62 people under me and make as little as $1841.60 in a month.

wow 1%
    That's to bad. I thought this might be a good idea. but it would actually hurt my feelings to let someone do that to me.
    normally I would sign with "don't settle for luck count your blessings'.
    But you think so little of others that this is not something that I would want to excel.

The business of fashion is wonderful, and to help others that are a little less fashion aware then
    some is a great thing.
    most retail business work of the a keystone or 1.5 to 2.3 % increase. The least amount of comm, i have
    ever heard of was 6% but now I have been schooled.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I am going to walk away hoping that Borris and Nicole don't know about this and that
    they are better then this.

They truly seam like super people.

all I can say is shame on you.

V.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014