• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else ever get tattoo removal?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who, over the last 5 years or so, have had laser tattoo removal. They have similar size/color tattoos as the one I want removed so I listened when they made a big deal out of the expense and the pain involved so I was always putting it off.

So finally I decide to bite the bullet and on Thursday of last week I call a laser/cosmetic surgery center in DC and they brought me in for a my first treatment Friday afternoon....

Apparently my friends are pussies.... cheap pussies.

I walk into an office staffed entirely with beautiful women. The receptionists, the nurses, the doctors... all knockouts!

They gave me a 5 minute consultation, then a couple of shots to numb my arm and went at it. Besides the smell of burning skin and hair, I hardly noticed more than a tickle and that was it. This is a good thing because I didn't want to look like a wimp in front of the gorgeous Asian nurse performing the procedure.

The whole thing costs $200 per session and I shouldn't need more than 3 sessions, 4-6 weeks apart. It's been 4 days and there has been no bleeding, swelling, blisters, scabs or anything else they warned me about. It doesn't even hurt more than mild sunburn and it's healing fast. I think I might even be able to go back before the expected 4-6 weeks.

Has anyone else gone through this? Is my experience the norm or the exception?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was the tattoo of a hot azn nurse getting ass-reamed by tentacles? That would make for an interesting dynamic.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
out of curiosity, what did you have removed and how old were you when you got it?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Was the tattoo of a hot azn nurse getting ass-reamed by tentacles? That would make for an interesting dynamic.

as good a place as any to dust off this little classic:

8z7xdl82h2_Dream_of_the_fishermans_wife_hokusai.jpg

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Would it be possible to get some before, during and after pics posted?

theincumbent

Reaction score
^+1.

My girlfriend has a terrible tramp stamp that she has now realized was a big mistake, and I have offered to pay for this type of procedure. The doctors she saw have said that it will cost upwards of $1800 per treatment, and take multiple treatments.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would take a while to try to track down a before shot. I've had the stupid thing for years but always kept it covered. Here's the "5 days later" shot and I'm not kidding when I say the the red has almost completely gone away. There's no scabbing, no blistering, nothing at all except a faint red trace of the tattoo. I can see a couple of spots with some ink left but I'll bet this thing is totally gone after one more treatment.

IMAG0203.jpg

@theincumbent - a big part of the price was the size of the tattoo and how many colors. Line-work comes out easier than filled in areas and they have different lasers to handle different colors. I was surprised to hear that some of the lighter, brighter colors are almost as expensive to remove as solid black because of the amount of ink it takes to make the color appear vividly.

With all that said, a friend told me that about 5 years ago he got a tattoo almost the same size as mine removed and it cost $1200 per session and took 4 sessions.

Not sure where other people get pricing but I went to lasersurgery.com

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please post updates (and pics).

I have a tattoo on my ribs that I absolutely despise and would love to get it removed.

Unbreakable

Reaction score
Was your tattoo very badly faded? If not, then that looks like that may be the trick right there!

hell may me even consider getting a tattoo
lol8[1].gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
It was a dinky little logo tattoo on my arm, only about 1.5" square, the tattoo is maybe 10 years old.

You don't imagine the dinky size of the tattoo is why it didn't hurt nor cost much?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
You don't imagine the dinky size of the tattoo is why it didn't hurt nor cost much?

Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
@theincumbent - a big part of the price was the size of the tattoo and how many colors. Line-work comes out easier than filled in areas and they have different lasers to handle different colors. I was surprised to hear that some of the lighter, brighter colors are almost as expensive to remove as solid black because of the amount of ink it takes to make the color appear vividly.

teacha.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tattoo removal via laser surgery is among the fastest growing areas of the dermatology industry. TABLE 3 WHY REGRET HAVING A TATTOO? "Why do you regret getting a tattoo?" Base: Yes, Regret Getting a Tattoo Because of the person's name in the tattoo 16 Don't like the way it looks 12 Faded/unclear over time 11 It was stupid 11 It is visible even when I don't want it to be 8 It was a rash decision 3 Got an infection/disease 2 I'm a different person now 2 Effects my job/getting a job 2 http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo_facts.htm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads