• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone care to explain your Avatar? / Bigger version of your Avatar

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Great pic Tom. I don't know if this is by him as well, but it reminded me of this:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1337/0021qg9.jpg[/IMG[/I]
Thanks j, yeah it's also Bourdin. That's actually the photo that LabelKing first posted while we were in Andy exile that introduced me to Bourdin. Since then I've really taken a liking and hope to integrate some of his work into wherever I end up living. The colors and settings he use could really make a room intense--chicks dig that kind of thing, right?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Thanks j, yeah it's also Bourdin. That's actually the photo that LabelKing first posted while we were in Andy exile that introduced me to Bourdin. Since then I've really taken a liking and hope to integrate some of his work into wherever I end up living. The colors and settings he use could really make a room intense--chicks dig that kind of thing, right?

You should get the one with the naked girl bleeding on the floor, looks like a Coke OD, chicks totally dig that. Especially when it's a 10'by10' in your living room.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Im feeling very expat today, so I have just changed mine to the cover of More Hardship Posting (collection of emailed in stories about expat life in Asia)

0957870914.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

fatty

Reaction score
253345291_e322e48875_o.jpg

It was the first forum I joined, and the caption by another member captured me perfectly accurately.

"*****'s avatar means she is basically an arse to everybody."

It is indeed my jeans, on me.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
A native of Osaka, Japan, Edmund Honda was trained to be a sumotori at a very early age. Although small for his age (at the time) he trained hard, and applied himself to his studies and training. With time, he grew out to his full size and potential and rapidly moved his way up through the ranks to become a yokozuna.

Once he retired from competition, Honda opened his own dojo and begin training new wrestlers. He also wrote down his thoughts and opinions on his sport. Some of these writings angered other martial artists, who then challenged Honda to prove the superiority of his style. Honda, honor bound to accept or risk loosing face, fought in these matches, emerging the winner. Encouraged by his success, he then entered the Street Fighting circuit to prove the worthiness of his style and his skill as a fighter.

Honda is a champion through and through. His victories have come as a result of a grueling training regimen as well as a complete commitment to his studies and his art. Not only has Honda practiced his techniques, he has studied them, coming to understand the principles behind sumo as well as the art itself. Honda has also opened up his studies to such topics as Shintoism and poetry, as a way to round out his education as a warrior.

Honda is very much an honorable competitor, and follows the traditions of his art to the letter. He will fight fairly in a match, for to do other wise is to bring shame to his name, his art, and Japan. Honda is also fair in his dealing with others, treating all others equally and with the respect that they deserve. He will not underestimate a foe by acting in a brash or overconfident manner. At all times, he will fight to the best of his ability, as he wishes to prove that sumo is the best of all possible martial arts.

As a yokozuna (champion) Honda is a master of the art of sumo. He has modified the original sport form of sumo into a more practical fighting art, and uses his size and strength to great effect in the Street Fighter circuit. In general he keeps to the ground, using an assortment of slaps, smashes, and throws to keep his opponent off-balance. It is when his opponent least expects it (like after being Stunned) that Honda will take to the air, performing his well-known Flying Head Butt or Air Smash (which is where he leaps into the air and lands on his foe).

Honda has refined his striking skill to the point where he can unleash a dozen blows in an eye-blink. His Hundred Hand Slap is a favorite and much feared technique. Honda has also added a few kicking techniques to his arsenal and will not hesitate to use them if possible.

When not competing in Street Fighter matches, Honda runs his own sumo school in Japan. He has a number of students and his school is fairly popular.

E. Honda was one of my favorite SF characters to play. very hard to play and sort of limited in range so i liked that underdog aspect of him. when played up against a decent Ken or Ryu, Dhalsim, or Guile, it is very rare he could win, but when he does, there is tremendous applause.

I also love to play Guile, Zangief, and Blanka. Zanief probably is my favorite character to play, very hard to handle, and short range, but once I can get in close enough, it is almost all over.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
my avatar was on a scratch piece of paper where i hastily scribble on temporary notes and numbers at work.

once i was on the phone with Hewlett-Packard support for over an hour and i scribbled a little doodle of a guy in a suit (i dont know why i drew him angry with his fist in his air).

I thought the picture was cool, so i scanned it into as my SF avatar.

topik

Reaction score
My avatar is an old picture of one of my cars.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
my avatar was on a scratch piece of paper where i hastily scribble on temporary notes and numbers at work.

once i was on the phone with Hewlett-Packard support for over an hour and i scribbled a little doodle of a guy in a suit (i dont know why i drew him angry with his fist in his air).

I thought the picture was cool, so i scanned it into as my SF avatar.

I like the high armholes.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
You should get the one with the naked girl bleeding on the floor, looks like a Coke OD, chicks totally dig that. Especially when it's a 10'by10' in your living room.
guy_bourdin_jacques_05.jpg
For the Pentax calendar 1980. He had total control over his projects, given free reign by a then unconservative Vogue and also the progressive Charles Jourdan.
Originally Posted by tiger02
Also for Tiger, Guy Bourdin's dealer: www.pacemacgill.com/ I've never seen posters, so you'll have to be stuck with buying the real deal.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of 7 racoons in my backyard last night around 10pm, caught drinking out of a big puddle.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You may like Fat Cat from Rescue Rangers.
FatCatShowingOffShinyClaws.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads