1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anybody heard of Bond & Smiley ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tibo, May 10, 2006.

1. Tibo

Tibo Well-Known Member

I recently came across Bond & Smiley's website <http://www.bondandsmiley.co.uk>, and noticed quite a few nice shirts reasonably priced (40 GBP). They seem to do bespoke, too.

Their section about "perfect shirts" seems quite convincing in terms of quality : MOP buttons, butterfly gusset, 4 pieces yoke, and so on.

My only concern is that I never heard of this firm. Does anybody have experience/feedback about them ? How are their shirts in comparison with H&K, T&A, N&L, Coles ?

2. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

They are a new firm and I don't know alot about them. There was a shill named &quot;Alistair&quot; who appeared on AAAC before they opened an talked them up. Not sure about their quality, but would be concerned as their name refers to James Bond and George Smiley, two British spies of literature.

3. RJman

RJman Well-Known Member

Max -- I think you have Alistair of www.bestofbritishshirts.com confused with pertch. Alistair sells H&K, T&A and N&L and has not mentioned Bond & Smiley.

Bond & Smiley is a new ersatz shirtmaker like Haines & Bonner, Tyrwhitt or Pink. It's made in Turkey or India (like, apparently, many or most Jermyn Street shirts now -- beware of any not bearing an origin tag). I've never seen one and the rest of what I know about them is pertch talking them up.

4. Tibo

Tibo Well-Known Member

I guess I'll have to stay away from them until we know more ... Pity, because they have some nice patterns like this one ...

5. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

Max -- I think you have Alistair of www.bestofbritishshirts.com confused with pertch. Alistair sells H&K, T&A and N&L and has not mentioned Bond & Smiley.

Bond & Smiley is a new ersatz shirtmaker like Haines & Bonner, Tyrwhitt or Pink. It's made in Turkey or India (like, apparently, many or most Jermyn Street shirts now -- beware of any not bearing an origin tag). I've never seen one and the rest of what I know about them is pertch talking them up.

You are absolutely correct and I offer my sincere apologies to Alistair (who I have happily done business with in the past) for bone-headedly confusing with the Pertch.