1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any way to get prices on designer items online?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by High_Roller, Jan 28, 2004.

1. High_Roller

High_Roller Well-Known Member

Is it possible to find online the prices of items such as this ring from Vuitton? I've looked everywhere (including eluxury) and can't find a price. I don't want to go out of my way while I'm out of town to buy it if it's ridiculously priced. Maybe someone can call their local Vuitton for me if they have one? [​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Phone LV in San Francisco.

3. stylingazn

stylingazn Active Member

4. High_Roller

I highly doubt this would come up on Ebay.

5. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Yup, already checked that for you. No results.

Normally I don't like items covered with designer logos, but I really like that ring as a novelty piece. Very cool design w/ the brown check pattern, and the single silver LV keeps it toned down.

6. MikeF

MikeF Well-Known Member

Not to be a troll, but...

1. I thought men were supposed to avoid jewelery other than watches and wedding bands.

2. To the extent that one is going to wear additional jewelery, why, oh why, a ring with a Louis Vuitton logo on it?.

7. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

I think the rule is one ring per hand, and one article of jewelry per wrist.

I don't like the look of a ring on every finger, but I think a simple, elegant ring or an artistic ring (one total, maybe one per hand) looks nice.

8. High_Roller

Mike, I'm 16. I don't have to follow the 'rules'.

Although I've never heard about avoiding anything but wedding bands or watches. I think that comes from the conventionalist's handbook.

Why a Vuitton logo ring? Because I really like the wood inlay. I agree with VersaceMan about the logo toning the whole piece down. And hey, I could always wear it logo to the inside.

I do own a ring, but I don't like it. It's gold with onyx and diamonds, and it's a bit too formal and 'old' for me. I never wear id. I'd like one nice one to have.

9. ken

ken Well-Known Member

How about these rings? They're much more acceptable for guys. [​IMG]

10. High_Roller

Hm.. Could I get that front part engraved?

11. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Bling$Bling.

12. MikeF

MikeF Well-Known Member

Not in my neck of the woods, or at least not in my profession. Wedding band (if any) + leather-strapped watch is the norm. DEFINITELY no bracelets.

13. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

seriously, WTF is up with the ring shit. I hope nobody's trying for the BLING BLING shit

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

How about "Up yours" on the knuckle ring? That way, your opponent could read that just as he's about to get cold cocked.

15. High_Roller

I have a car [​IMG] Mind you it's older than I am and I can do Fred Flinstone imitations with the holes in the floor. I'm going to Europe in a little over a month and I want to buy something nice.

16. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

High Roller -

OK - I stopped at our local Louis Vuitton store in Scottsdale today to ask about your ring.

The retail price was $850. However, I say "was", because the salesgirl told me that the company is completely sold out as the ring was a limited edition that was released as part of the seasonal ready-to-wear collection.

If you have a way of getting one, and an extra $850 bucks, more power to you. I think it's kind of cool looking, but not my style and definitely beyond the price range that I would spend for a non-essential (IMHO) item. For that price, why not get a great watch that will last for the next 20-30 years?

I'd suggest clothing, but at your age, your body shape could change so much over the next 5-10 years that I think buying a suit or other clothing for that much money would just be silly.

Just my two cents.

Bradford

17. High_Roller

Hmm, thanks for asking them.

$850 is a little much for a wooden ring as far as I'm concerned. I could get the largest Gucci icon ring for that price in white gold. That LV is sterling silver and ebony.

As for watches, I don't really need one. I've had a formal Gucci watch for a couple years now and I still really like it. It should last awhile.

Some friends and I have made plans for our shopping. I'm probably going to end up spending most of my money at Helmut Lang. We're going to be walking down St. Honore in Paris.

18. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

I agree - I thought the price was rather excessive myself. I would bet for that type of money you could buy a lathe and make plenty of wood rings yourself [​IMG] Have a great time and be sure and let us know what you end up buying. Bradford

19. High_Roller

Thanks Bradford. I'll probably have more questions before I leave. I asked a couple days ago about Helmut Lang prices, but I still don't have anything to compare it to. I really like some of the things in the spring collection (I'm probably the only one), but I'd like an idea of whether the prices are Gucci range or more in the realm of something like Emporio Armani.

Speaking of Emporio, I saw a very similar ring to the Vuitton one in last month's GQ. Not even $200.

20. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Well-Known Member

That's quite a sharp ring, in my opinion.

I probably wouldn't pay that much for it (I could get a wardrobe full of my style of clothing for that, or a nice pair of used Dsquared boots), but if you could find it and have the expendable income, it's definitely something that's going to attract some attention.