• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any other Edmontonians here?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On that note maybe someday we can try for a Calgary meet-up.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Okay, I'm off the Android and back to the laptop now so I can type in real sentences and not feel like I'm wasting my life. I've only been to the Cross Iron "factory" BB once. I remember asking if they had any "Fitzgerald" fit coats and the guy took me to the winter coats section. I then re-asked and he deferred to someone a bit higher up who also didn't know what the "Fitzgerald" fit was. Really, I'm not alpha, I swear, but I walked out promptly.
They don't carry Fitzgerald jackets in the Factory Stores. They carry an entirely different selection. Even their shirts are different, everything. For those who don't know, I used to work for Brooks in their Calgary Flagship store downtown. I know the product line extensively, but I admit that factory store employees probably don't have nearly as good as training. In my opinion, Factory stores are a completely different beast. The employees aren't paid the same, they aren't trained the same, and the clothing isn't the same. More than happy to answer Brooks questions though. See you guys Friday at Niche. Show up if you can make it. EDIt: I just bought a new book on Style Icons, I'll try to remember to bring it.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is it worth going to the factory store or is the quality just not there? I'm mostly thinking of Peal & Co. shoes.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
On that note maybe someday we can try for a Calgary meet-up.

Hell yeah.

Originally Posted by holymadness
So is it worth going to the factory store or is the quality just not there? I'm mostly thinking of Peal & Co. shoes.

Quality really isn't there in the outlet store, but they do have some decent deals on shirts/ties. The BB downtown is worth the visit, though.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outlet store is all that alternative label, isn't it? 1818 or what have you?

RedScarf7

Reaction score
Mostly, yeah. I've only been there twice, and don't plan on going back after the sales assistant looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where the Golden Fleece suits were.

Unregistered

Reaction score
I was going after some odd belts here and there, some ties, linen pocket squares and polos. Small things! Happy to have saved the amount I did though.

I find out about them mostly through PSAs at the Other Forum. That and Brooks now sends emails to me regarding upcoming sales.

I was most impressed that 2 of the sales associates remembered me although I only purchased a tie from them 3 weeks ago. They remembered the tie I purchased and what I was wearing that day.....
eh.gif
I'd say BB at Cross Irons is only good for picking up odds and ends. You'd want the downtown store for anything else. And what a nice store that is... It's a nice change having someone state right out that a OTR DB jacket was just not for me (I know it too, just wish it wasn't the case!)

What time are we looking at for Friday?

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness

As far as I know they don't carry Peal and Co. shoes at the Factory stores. Everything is the 346 factory line which is derivative of the main line. IIRC they occasionally bring goods from the main stores to factory stores for clearance, but that never happened while I worked for Brooks.

Mr. Sartorial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
Mostly, yeah. I've only been there twice, and don't plan on going back after the sales assistant looked at me like I was crazy when I asked where the Golden Fleece suits were.

You'll never see Golden Fleece in the Factory stores because it's the premium line. The downtown Calgary store carries a decent selection last time I was there.

imschatz

Reaction score
Anyone know a quick/cheap tailor recommendation for me?
Need a little waist suppression on a jacket to be done by the end of next week.

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So a new Oak + Fort store just opened down on Whyte Ave. Didn't go in when I passed it, but I just checked out the stuff online. Does anyone have experience with the clothes? Might be interested in getting a pocket T from there

Unregistered

Reaction score
linkinwayne, going tomorrow? I think I'll be there gentlemen.
smile.gif
Is this a MC affair or a SW&D?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads