1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any other Edmontonians here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FidelCashflow, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Notreknip

Notreknip Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's High Grade. I grabbed a pair of cream N&F there two days ago for like $50 - I posted about it in the N&F thread and now have a bunch of people wanting proxies. The only problem is, I can't do it - I'm leaving tomorrow morning back to Saskatoon for a few days.

So if anyone here is nice enough, or perhaps wants to make a buck...

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Wtf, Kyle, why are you in our threak!?...This is Edmonton, not Chicago. We don't "sniff" wine to find out how good it is, we fucking drink it.

I'm educating you all.

3. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's High Grade. I grabbed a pair of cream N&F there two days ago for like $50 - I posted about it in the N&F thread and now have a bunch of people wanting proxies. The only problem is, I can't do it - I'm leaving tomorrow morning back to Saskatoon for a few days.

So if anyone here is nice enough, or perhaps wants to make a buck...

I thought about grabbing an extra pair or two .. but I went way over budget on my appartment, and am pretty risk-adverse when it comes to money atm. Even the cashier lady thought it was a rediculous deal.

4. Mal

Mal Active Member

I'm an Edmontonian while school is in session. Sigh.

5. Stazy

Stazy Well-Known Member

Worst service ever at the Famoso in South Common, fyi. I hate Edmonton.
    I probably go there 2 times a week. Service has always been good!

6. Radagast

Radagast Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  7. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend a good massage therapist in Edmonton? Preferably Downtown or on the Southside.

I know the name Apples & Dandelions through my sister. Should be good.

8. Notreknip

I stopped into Overtime late last night. Absolutely dead.

Can anyone recommend a good massage therapist in Edmonton? Preferably Downtown or on the Southside.

Yeah, I went into Overtime last week also. It seems like it could be a decent place if near full (it's huge, so it feels dead even if there are 50 people there); I somehow doubt it will succeed.

9. Radagast

Radagast Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  10. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

Would any of you know of any jobs for a writer around town? I graduated from the U of A this past April with a writing degree and I'm in dire need of a full-time job. How else will I be able to build up a MC-calibre wardrobe?

11. tomgirl

tomgirl Well-Known Member

Would any of you know of any jobs for a writer around town? I graduated from the U of A this past April with a writing degree and I'm in dire need of a full-time job. How else will I be able to build up a MC-calibre wardrobe?

A writing degree from the U of A? Do you mean a Creative Writing minor w/ something else?

Writing in Edmonton is a wasteland. You can always write for See Magazine or Vue Weekly, and maybe eventually work your way up to the Journal...but...ehhh...

12. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

You's in the wrong city boy (girl).

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

You's in the line of work boy (girl).

ftfy

14. rennavate

A writing degree from the U of A? Do you mean a Creative Writing minor w/ something else? Writing in Edmonton is a wasteland. You can always write for See Magazine or Vue Weekly, and maybe eventually work your way up to the Journal...but...ehhh...
    Yeah, my degree is in English with a minor in Creative Writing. I do freelance for the Edmonton Journal. I used to write for SEE, but they pay like shit. I'd take a full-time job at the Journal, but they definitely aren't hiring anyone anytime soon (they just fired 15 non-writers two weeks ago). I want to get in at BioWare, start writing their games. At least their dialogue, to start.

15. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

I want to get in at BioWare, start writing their games. At least their dialogue, to start.

I'll get you started.

"Luke, I am your father."

16. tomgirl

tomgirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, my degree is in English with a minor in Creative Writing.

I do freelance for the Edmonton Journal. I used to write for SEE, but they pay like shit. I'd take a full-time job at the Journal, but they definitely aren't hiring anyone anytime soon (they just fired 15 non-writers two weeks ago).

I want to get in at BioWare, start writing their games. At least their dialogue, to start.

I've got an English degree with a minor in Creative Writing from the U of A as well. When did you graduate?

I actually know a couple of dudes who work for BioWare. I even know the wife of the dude who helped create BioWare. I gots hook-ups.

17. rennavate

I've got an English degree with a minor in Creative Writing from the U of A as well. When did you graduate?

I actually know a couple of dudes who work for BioWare. I even know the wife of the dude who helped create BioWare. I gots hook-ups.

I graduated this past April, hence why I'm still looking for a full-time job.

I wish I had your hook-ups. I'm not sure how to approach BioWare. I've been playing through Mass Effect 2 and sort of re-writing parts of it in script form.

18. unjung

unjung Well-Known Member

I graduated this past April, hence why I'm still looking for a full-time job.

I wish I had your hook-ups. I'm not sure how to approach BioWare. I've been playing through Mass Effect 2 and sort of re-writing parts of it in script form.

Call the President and ask for a 15 minute meeting either before or after hours. Seriously. People are pussies when it comes for applying for jobs.

19. Notreknip

Soooo...uhhhhhh...Da Capo? [​IMG]

20. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member