1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Any fixed-gear/single-speed fans?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by sygyzy, Jul 17, 2007.

1. CityConnection

CityConnection Well-Known Member

2. otc

otc Well-Known Member

3. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Slight thread hijack, but I'm just getting back into cycling after many years as an alternative to running (bum knees). Is there a "correct" pedalling technique? I'm using clip-ins.

The conventional wisdom is that fixed gear is/can be bad for your knees.

But anyway, on a geared bike try to ride at a higher cadence.
    Get a computer with cadence and try to keep above 80 or 90.
    It feels weird at first.

4. Ixelles

Ixelles Well-Known Member

otc & zippyh - thanks for the input. I'm using a conventional 27-speed mtb. I tried this last night and the toughest part was the concentration, trying to focus on push & pull strokes simultaneously. I'll stick with it & see how it improves.