1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

any cheaper similar versions of john mayer's gq jacket?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Jul 26, 2007.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

that might be brigade only but its definately 785 at the NDG store

Thanks for the link though. This saves me about 150 if I decide to get it...

holy fuck, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane

2. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

holy fuck, so 785+NYC sales tax is completely insane
    Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Given last year's 560.. I'd have to go with "completely ludicrous." I really like the jacket too. Ah well.

To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.

4. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

I will not rehash the "omgomgomg price increases sux!!!111" debate though the whole situation is a bit off-putting. Then again, if I was NDG, I'd charge as much as I could get dumbasses to pay.. y'know?

Oh, and a quick edit - thanks for the Stels recommendation. Jon and Tina are awesome. Picked up SSV and NDG shirts from them.

5. poly800rock

To be accurate, it was $560 at Stels, anD $620 everywhere else. And given that it sold out in days, $800 retail is not unreasonable. I mean, beyond what I am comfortable with, but supply and demand and my lack of being rich qualifies me to be SOL. The brand is really gathering steam.

I'm confused as to why it's more expensive at the stores taking into account NDG's seemingly stringent attitude on their distributors concerning the pricing and no sales rules (which obviously wasn't followed, but you'd think they would make the stores jack the price for brand name sake).

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I am liking the heathered crewneck and burgundy polka scarf. Potential pickups, my buddy ordered a ton of the outerwear for fall. I liked the mac kennedy but I found out it was belted so that's a no go.

7. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

the heathered sweater in brown and grey??
    I was thinking that too..its 295 at Circle Boutique in DC

8. kronik

kronik Well-Known Member

Did Circle get their NDG in?

9. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Well-Known Member

yea some of it but she didnt put it out yet. You can ask her and she has it in the back.
    they have the sweater, some big ass coat, the hooded deconstructed toggle jacket..some other stuff

They also got BoO

10. LA Guy

Current season Nom de Guerre is on the floor at Stels ( www.stelsinc.com ). Tina told me that it should be on the website shortly.

11. mustard

mustard Well-Known Member

What does the current season M65 go for at Stel's? Do they have black?

12. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Make sure you look at it from all angles when you try it on. The stiffness of the herringbone doesn't make for a flattering fit when you look at it from the back.

13. Calden

Calden Well-Known Member

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but is there a site with more pics of this jacket? Thanks.

[​IMG]

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

This one's better

[​IMG]

15. LA Guy

What does the current season M65 go for at Stel's? Do they have black?

Stel's is actually not carrying the M65 this season, just the Mac, the Hunting jacket, and the trench.

Make sure you look at it from all angles when you try it on. The stiffness of the herringbone doesn't make for a flattering fit when you look at it from the back.

I didn't find this to be the case, but it's a good point to look at it from as many angles as possible. In general, I find that Nom de Guerre stuff fits narrower, taller guys better than more bulky dudes.

16. Ott

Ott Well-Known Member

This one's better
    gorgeous. I'm definitely picking up some R&B outerwear this year as long as the price hasn't jumped significantly [​IMG]

17. LA Guy

gorgeous. I'm definitely picking up some R&B outerwear this year as long as the price hasn't jumped significantly [​IMG]

I like both jackets. The grey one is more versatile, and probably more flattering to most complexions, but the plaid is really cool. I'd get the former for travel (unlike some on this forum, I travel with just a duffle and a messenger and a minimal wardrobe - no porters with valises for me,) and the latter just to have.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCMENT: Unless you are a moron, you will buy this from Denimbar, using the Styleforum discount.

18. poly800rock

It was $560 at Stel's last year, when I got mine - from what I can tell without having handled this year's model in person, it's exactly the same jacket. Cheapest price anywhere (list price was $620.) All the details look identical.

Oh, you suckers [​IMG] Sorry, just felt like gloating that I jumped on this ASAP after it landed for the first time.

The price at NdG is typically not the lowest, ime. This year, the list price is $760 or so, considerably higher than at Brigade...

i just went to NdG this weekend. price is $648 for the jacket + tax. so their list is higher than what their store charges, which is strange to me.