1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anxiety/Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by javyn, Jul 2, 2006.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

I would also recommend changing your avatar.
    ROFL

2. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Coffee is definately a no-no here too, shell. I can't drink black tea either, unless I am eating, or have just eaten. I am searching for a good Tai Chi or Baguazhang school as an outlet, but am not finding anything. I'm probably going to go back to intense Yoga.
    Mmm.. go with Tai Chi. It means "The supreme ultimate" for a reason [​IMG] I can attribute almost every major positive change in my life and wellbeing since I started it to Tai Chi. pakua is interesting, but it would be more frustrating than anything because the technique is unusual and extremely difficult (most expert teachers require you to train in Tai Chi and basic Kung Fu for years before taking on pakua).

3. wheelerray

wheelerray Well-Known Member

Cognitive-Behavioral therapy combined with a concurrent psycho-pharmacutical intervention show the greatest efficacy, both in immediate recovery and in prevention of relapse. Together they are far more effective than either alone.

And yes,as a former pot-head, marijuana can indeed induce anxiety attacks. Luckily the symptoms vanished as the drug (and the memories of that god-awful mood state) left my system. While the vast majority can smoke it and have nothing but fun, its not true for everyone.

Oh, and stay away from benzo-diazapines for anxiety if at all possible, e.g., Xanax, Vallium. For some reason the non-drug intervention - cognitive-behavioral therapy - is renedered ineffective by these drugs.

Best of luck.

4. mehhhh

mehhhh Well-Known Member

5. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Well-Known Member

The thing that ended up working well for me was quitting booze/drugs and getting into exercise as well as taking meds. I couldn't sit in a room full of people without feeling like I was gonna die though, so maybe mine required more desperate measures. I'm not 'cured', sadly, but at least I feel good a lot of the time now.

6. Betz

Betz Member

Yep, I have had anxiety my entire adult life. It's not fun, but once you learn to manage it you'll be okay. Hang in there and don't be afraid of it. Learn your triggers and avoid them.

7. Dinhilion

Dinhilion Well-Known Member

Anxiety is a bitch pm me if you need advice. Everyone is pointing you in the right direction though.

8. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Exercise completely solved the prob, thanks guys.

9. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

This is random, but a couple months back I had sex with a girl who apparently it was a big deal for and she had a panic attack during/after. I thought it was hot at first until I figured out what was going on. Now I know that panic attacks are not hot. Tell them they'll be okay, they're not going to die, etc. Jiu hao le.

10. mehhhh

mehhhh Well-Known Member

Glad you worked it out, surprised this thread from 5 YEARS AGO came back.

11. pvrhye

pvrhye Well-Known Member

If I understand the logic here, then if we compare your brain to a scale and mellowness to weight, weed effectively hits the tare button when weight is still on the scale. Then when you take the weight off it's reading in the negative.

12. Dinhilion

Dinhilion Well-Known Member

Glad you worked it out, surprised this thread from 5 YEARS AGO came back.

Wow, i should really look at dates.

13. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member