1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by goodlensboy, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Well-Known Member

@sd2002 you're a better man than I. I absolutely would not be capable of wearing those...every bend of my foot would be excruciating!

Wear in good health!

2. sd2002

sd2002 Well-Known Member

I think I know what you mean, it took me two weeks to finally wear them because they look almost too beautiful to wear. The bad news I think I am looking croc way to much [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. meister

meister Well-Known Member

4. Dieg0

Dieg0 Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed, what happens when you bend your foot as if you were walking (just interested in the fit and the way the exotic leather reacts). Would you mind posting some pictures?

5. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

If the shoes fit correctly, there's going to be "nothing to see here, folks...move along."

The leather will flex and crease easily and pretty much along the lines it should--ie. consistent with the bending of the foot. Any concern...actual or metaphorical....that the leather will be hard or too rigid or painful is misplaced, IMO. Just because it's crocodile doesn't mean it's going to feel or react all that different than any other leather of similar substance.

Then too, the fact that AM can block it for a seamless wholecut speaks volumes about the temper and suppleness of that particular tannage.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    2 people like this.
  6. rbhan12

rbhan12 Well-Known Member

I think he's asking if the creases develop in the interstitial space between the scales or across them.

7. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

Creases will always tend to begin in the interstices (that's the softest and easiest place to crease--it's almost pre-crreased) but will move to the tiles if that's where the foot is bending.

My point is that if...if...people are hesitant about croc or alligator they shouldn't be. Now, caiman is another story.

8. sd2002

sd2002 Well-Known Member

Only wore it once so far, will post pic after few wears

9. Sactogeoff

Sactogeoff Well-Known Member

I just emailed them about this exact shoe. Gorgeous!

10. Valfunde

Valfunde Active Member

Anyone else having problems with transferwise? Did a search and saw someone else had the same problem. Asked their support and apparently they can't see the reason why my funds can't transfer since it's on Antonio's end. It's fine, but did want to avoid overpaying even if it's just $150 bucks.

11. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Transfer Wise does not work with Antonio.
    I had the same issues as well.
    I ended up using World First. Their rates aren't as good as TW and they have a minimum transfer amount. But still a little better than banks.

12. asewonder

asewonder Active Member

I'm getting ready to purchase the RTW Tribune Chukka. Does anybody with Carmina experience have any suggestions on sizing? I find myself to be a 7 USD or 6 UK or 40 EU in most boots across makers. More specifically a 6 UK in Carmina Inca, Llubi and Forest loafer. 6 UK in C&J 325 last and Cheaney loafers.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  13. ThunderMarch

ThunderMarch Well-Known Member

Firstly, I had found Antonio's sizing guide on the website both helpful, and quite accurate.
    I had used that and found that the sizing was spot on. This was however, on the Hawksbill last.

He does mention that the fitting for most of his RTW lasts are the same (ie, take the same size / width).

I generally wear an 8.5 in most lasts, including the Inca and Forest last. The llubi is pretty generous, and though I wear an 8.5 as well, I feel I could go down to 8.

For Antonio, I wear an unequivocal 9E.

14. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Well-Known Member

Although I already answered by PM, for everyone's benefit:

If you fit Forest and Inca 6UK and your feet arent particularly wide or long (like mine), then you should be fine with Antonio's 6 UK.

Llubi will be slightly wider, while Forest and Inca will be roughly one par.

15. asewonder

asewonder Active Member

Thanks @MSchapiro and @ThunderMarch . I ended up going with a 6 UK based on input here and from Antonio based on my foot measurements. Hoping they work!

1 person likes this.
  16. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Well-Known Member

Can anyone compare sizing to Carmina Detroit or Lobb 7x? Or Vass F.

Thank u

17. malabar

malabar Active Member

Does anyone have experience ordering MTM Aurum line shoes from Antonio?

I would like to know if Antonio was on schedule and how long it actually took from wiring him money to receipt of final shoes? He quotes 5 months for test shoe and another 5 months to make the final shoe.

How was the fit and craftsmanship of the shoe and how has it creased after wearing?

18. MSchapiro

Yes I have.

He quotes you accurate times depending on his workload and sets expectations, so if he is saying 5 months I'd expect that.

Not to be dramatic, but the craftmanship was some of the best I've ever seen. The waist is beautiful, incredibly sculpted. The depth of color and finish is great. Antonio's house style really comes through. You won't get the extreme "this is art and not to be worn" level of finishing you see on bespoke G&G or some of the Japanese makers, but I think that is character.

Here is my test pair, I think this picture was taken after six months or a year of every other day wear. The toe spring means the creases are unnoticeable when standing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are my Aurums, six months plus of wear.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. malabar

malabar Active Member

Thank you MSchapiro! Really appreciate you answering my questions. Very helpful. Another question: If you order two shoes - does he ship them to you serially or waits until both are ready. I am thinking here to order a pair of shoes and the test shoes. After I've given him feedback on the test shoes to order the second pair.

20. MSchapiro

You should ask him on this one. The test shoe will come first, then you can probably have the second two shipped together. Not sure if the savings will be worth it on shipping.