1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ankle opening?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SIMNS, Jan 28, 2016.

1. SIMNS

SIMNS Active Member

Hello everyone

I hope to write in the correct forum. I wonder how it is possible to get flannel trousers to be this tight like the picture I link below (look from knee and down). I want my trousers in the picture but when I let the tailor sew the ankle opening to 16 cm, so it was impossible to get through the foot. We had to adjust it to 17 cm and now it is possible to get through the foot, but the pants are not quite the same portions as in the picture, you want the "carrot" shape. Please help. And excuse my English but I am not English

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Well-Known Member

You need to start with something that is already in the ballpark. If they're not slim-fit /ultra-slim-fit trousers to start with, having the opening tailored to that size will probably throw off the proportions of them and make you look like MC Hammer.

1 person likes this.
  3. SIMNS

SIMNS Active Member

My trousers are already ultra-slim-fit but does it need to be some fabric that are elastic? My trousers are 100% wool, and they got a small piece of tape at the bottom of which is for the wool should not be ugly, hard to explain but it look like this:

[​IMG]

4. radicaldog

radicaldog Well-Known Member

If you can't get your foot through the leg, then the leg is too tight. It will look out of proportion. Even the guys in the pic look terrible. They look like they sell clothes for a living, which many of them probably do.

1 person likes this.
  5. untchbleal

untchbleal Member

Yeah I did that to one of my trousers without noticing [​IMG]. That's a big NO