1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anderson & Sheppard Suits.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tavi5, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Despos does not really do a drape cut. However, Despos is my first foray into bespoke tailoring, and it has far exceeded my expectations so far. He is great to work with, cannot say better things.

But if you want an A&S cut, then it probably is not what you are looking for, but I do not think you can do better, honestly.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/447277/newcs-bespoke-adventure

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  2. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

From the comments over the years in SF he is a superb tailor and a pleasure to
    deal with. I am not in the market for bespoke, but if I were, I would reluctant to choose him because his house style is not to my taste.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  3. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

Thank you comrade.[​IMG] still no one has any experience with Alan Flusser? Save the trip to England. They are pretty much identical !

4. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

[​IMG]
    My dream suit from the costume designer Milena Canonero. She did the suits for the movie " TUCKER " The man and his dream. A true story. Anyway, a little more cuff showing, and an unbuttoned bottom button, and this suit is perfect. Especially for me. Too bad she does not make suits for individual people. Wish she did, as all the suits in this movie were sublime! The best!

5. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

On my last post. " a little higher gorge " as well, and how can you not look amazing? Even for today's standards!

6. greger

greger Well-Known Member

The alterations tailor that Tavi5 has gone to that has done so well for him might be a Bespoke tailor. If so, that is where I would start, instead of crisscrossing the world trying to find the best tailor.

As far as fads go custom can be made that looks better than a stab in the dark rtw.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

Greger: You are spot on. I have a tailor here in San Diego that is a hidden gem! I don't even have to speak when I go in. He knows what I like! ( the late 30's ) look updated, he knows my body, and how to make sure the fabric drapes, or hangs so well for my Physique, which is very muscular. So he knows not too much shoulder padding. Most importantly, light weight Linens, wool Crepes ( my fave ) lightweight tropical wools, as I can afford to choose the best. I know some cannot do that. But there are plenty of thrift shops out here, where you can find the best italian and American suits, just about new. If you are lucky to find your size? Or even close. A good tailor, can make you turn heads in your suit! I've always said, I would rather have 10 beautifully tailored suits, of exquisite fabric and cut, than 50 cheap ill fitting suits!

8. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

9. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

He even tailors my lightweight robes as shown!

10. Bespoke 51

Bespoke 51 Well-Known Member

FYI-Milena Canonero made some pieces for retail in the late 80's. It was a small offering--suits and topcoats from Norman Hilton, shirts by Ike Behar. They were gorgeous/

11. Tavi5

Tavi5 Member

Wow Bespoke: I have two beautiful suits from Vestimenta, which I believe was Norman Hilton in Europe? Also made Giorgio Armani's high end black label (Classico) too.