1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anbody know where Jon Hamm's tie in this photo is from?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lehmt, Aug 4, 2016.

1. lehmt

lehmt New Member

[​IMG]

Would really be appreciated, thank you! (Also realize this is my first post, been lurking for a while now)

2. GBR

GBR Well-Known Member

Is he some manner of actor or otherwise in the public limelight? If so such things can be one-offs or certainly not on public sale.

3. lehmt

lehmt New Member

Indeed, he's an actor.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Well-Known Member

However it does look remarkably similar to a $15 tie I had years ago from Tie Rack

5. lehmt

lehmt New Member

Dang. So nobody?

6. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Well-Known Member

lehmt, there's just nothing obviously special enough about the tie in question for me to tell you exactly where it's from. It could be from any of dozens of tie manufacturers.

Given the overall look, and Hamm's connection with the tv series, "Mad Men," if I had to take a guess, I'd guess vintage 1960s Brooks Brothers. But it could just as easily be 21st century non-Brooks.

7. Sam H

Sam H Well-Known Member

I actually had the same question years ago. I never asked it here but I saw the photo and wondered to myself "where could I get a tie like that?"