• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AMC's The Killing

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reynard369
You probably saw the original, Danish version of the show. This is about the American remake on the AMC network currently airing.

Aah right. They must have tweaked the story too because there weren't any cops with weed in the one I saw.

ctp120

Reaction score
Thoughts so far: A different order of artistic/literary quality than Mad Men or Breaking Bad; similar in quality to Rubicon, but hopefully better executed and more entertaining. I liked the pilot very much. Looking forward to tonight.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
El Diablo!!!

I hate that ******* Jasper kid.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a "WOW" moment when we saw the video footage from the cage at the end last night.

matik23

Reaction score
That little slut likes the el diablo threesome. Amirite? Yes I realize I used "the" twice.

ctp120

Reaction score
Any speculation as to the connection between the politician and Jasper and the other kid?

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctp120
Any speculation as to the connection between the politician and Jasper and the other kid?

They all belong to the same internet clothing forum.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't believe there's one right now. He's just caught in the mud.

Really into the show.

Flash77

Reaction score
I thought the show's take on the grieving family was good. Usually in these kind of things, you're dealing with a mother and father who have lost everything when their child is murdered, but this show is dealing with the reality that this family hasn't lost everything, and how this is going to effect the two young children who are still here, how the parents are (or are not) going to explain it to them and try to give them a normal life while dealing with this unimaginable tragedy. It's an idea that hasn't really been much explored, especially on tv.

matik23

Reaction score
I'd say the ones that dislike the show would rather have it like CSI where it gets solved in 40 minutes. How is The Wire appreciated on this forum again?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matik23
I'd say the ones that dislike the show would rather have it like CSI where it gets solved in 40 minutes. How is The Wire appreciated on this forum again?
Very few people watched The Wire from the first episode. They heard about it a few years in and were able to get hooked relatively quickly over HBO On Demand/DVD marathons. I was the same and didn't get into watching new episodes as they aired until Season 4. It's really my big fear with getting into TV shows - committing to them only to be disappointed sometime down the line (a la Mad Men and Entourage). Only show that had me hooked from begining to [premature] end was Deadwood (which was cancelled). Oh and the Shield. Rubicon I watched from the begining and that took 3-4 episodes until I even liked it and that was cancelled just as I had gotten a boner for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads