1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

No need for them to imply. There are quite a few people who have actually done it - and I suspect that some of them are still waiting for their Ambrosi pents!

2. jedwards

jedwards Well-Known Member

I can understand going for a weekend break and ordering a few suits and shirts or something.... Have people flown over from another country just for one pair of trousers?
    And then, knowing SF majority crowd, probably choose something really conservative and unremarkable - might as well have got RTW.

2 people like this.
  3. coolpapa

coolpapa Well-Known Member

Well we can't ALL dress like pimps!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Well-Known Member

for me RTW trousers simply do not work. I have large thighs and slightly bent legs. Even when I went through buying some RTW "suits", I made the effort of buying jackets suits with a fabric label inside and then sources the fabric (LP, E. Zegna, Guabello, etc) and given it to my tailor in Naples to make me trousers.

5. Stugotes

Stugotes Well-Known Member

Hah...
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. jedwards

jedwards Well-Known Member

Wow, this is a real cautionary tale.

They'll probably turn up at some point but any time you need to chase someone to such degree for a response, it can tarnish the experience, even if the Sistine Chapel of trousers eventually turn up.

Perhaps it is now simply that people should go solely through Armory or the various other trunk shows?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  7. hippotamus

hippotamus Well-Known Member

This is quiet surprising, since this "timelessman" is some blogger that probably will mostly give positive review to the pents ...(if it delivers...)

But Ambrosi is just everywhere, not only the Armoury, I think he is in a few places in China too (which I think is a bad move, his stuff will just be copied by his Chinese brothers in no time, probably 1/3 of the price with the same handwork)

1 person likes this.
  8. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I know timeless man personally and I can tell you that even the last time I ran in to him, which was a good 3-4 months ago those trousers were already a good time overdue. Prob 8 months overdue by now at a guess. Oh and he paid for them also.

9. Davarpanah

Davarpanah Well-Known Member

Well, that depends - how far do they have to fly ? :) I live in Denmark - And have been to Warsaw in Poland to visit a Tailor and Jan Kielman a couple of times. A pain in the ass - but worth the trip IMO.

10. Davarpanah

Cannot find any information regarding Cerrato online - would you be so kind to lead me in the right direction ? And anybody know what he/they charge for trousers ?

11. WeakMonday

WeakMonday Well-Known Member

He is cerratomarco on Instagram. Message him there... He has his email in a bunch of his posts as well. Best to ask him about pricing... I will probably have a write up on him in a week or so

12. Davarpanah

Thanks - I'll check him out.

13. Davarpanah

Was trying to complement a picture - fucked it up apparently - as the picture is nowhere to be seen ...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  14. semperexcelsius

semperexcelsius Well-Known Member

Started reading the thread because I was thinking about getting some pants from Ambrosi. Completely worth it if only for finding a picture of a Kabbaz shirt in the wild on page 15. Thanks @Manton

15. maikuraki

maikuraki Active Member

His pants are sold for 8800 RMB in China and you have to wait for at least 6 months too.
    And I think you are right about his stuff being copied in China,there are lots of bespoke shop in China today and there will be more,but there're also lots of rich people willing to spend their money on luxury stuff.

1 person likes this.
  16. hippotamus

hippotamus Well-Known Member

I guess going through the truck show which will make sure the pents arrive has it cost.....
    but for 8800 rmb.....thats like 30% more than Armoury ? But Yes, there are enough rich Chinese gentleman that could provide the demand.

Did Timelessman blogger recieved his pants...yet... ?

17. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Well-Known Member

Part of the mark up in China might have to do with high import duties. A lot of luxury Western goods in China are about 30-40% higher than you'd find elsewhere.

I don't understand the comment about how bespoke goods can be copied.

18. EliodA

EliodA Well-Known Member

Same story in many Asian countries. Very high import duties here in Indonesia as well for western brand name stuff. A 50% luxury tax on top of 10-20% import tax. As an envisioned source of extra income for the government it has backfired though, since it is cheaper and more fun to book a ticket to Paris and buy your wife's Chanel bag there.

19. lordsuperb

lordsuperb Well-Known Member

What's so special about ambrosi pants compared to other trouser makers?

20. semperexcelsius

semperexcelsius Well-Known Member

Oh, boy.