1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ambrosi Napoli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ambrosi, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Well-Known Member

so sad, it was mafoofan's original review of ambrosi's pants that got me started in chasing the bespoke dream...

2. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

So we've got 2 people who can't get Foo on the phone, yet they apparently have an email that was accurate enough for Foo to delete it?

Also, just for kicks I googled Foo's name (I assume it's widely known, or at least Ambrosi knows it) and the city he lives in, and without getting more specific lets just say it isn't too hard to figure out where he works

In other words, it's fucking ludicrous that they couldn't get in touch with Foo. Last I knew, the landlines to NYC still worked.

You are a tailor and someone orders TEN PAIRS of pants at what, $800 a pop? $8000 worth of pants. Wouldn't you break your neck to keep that customer happy? Am I missing something?

I realize it's Italy and all, but having been there I would expect a higher level of service. Even the guys who gassed and robbed us on the night train to Switzerland left a note (it said "Mi dispiace" - true story).

3. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Why would he be nervous - he can just edit the post

1 person likes this.
  4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

totally true. but they said they emailed foo at work, and that he didnt get it. they also said they called his landline with no response.

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

For real for real?

6. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Yup, family of 4 in a sleeper car, none of us woke up while they got our $$ and passports (which my mother was sleeping on top of). Italian cops suggested we were gassed, so I guess it's speculation, but my brother is a light, light sleeper - if he didn't wake up something was afoot.

This was about 100 years ago, btw

7. wumingde

wumingde Well-Known Member

Ambrosi is probably bluffing. There are plenty of ways to get a hold of people. They were both online on SF and Ambrosi could've sent a simple PM to Matt if he could not get a hold of Matt by phone for some BS reason.. The problem could've been settled in the time Ambrosi took to type all his responses on this thread when he insulted Matt.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  8. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

Damn. Professional cannoli takers, B.

9. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

i dont see how it could be me as I have barely touched my threads and haven't even been in them much in about six weeks.

10. Francisco

Francisco Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong in this. He is sharing an experience with us, isn't this what is supposed to be in this forum?
    At least I will be more careful of which tailor to choose if I want to spend $800 for a pair of pants.

By the way great to see this topic being so interesting for someone simply registered to comment on this. :marchal:

11. RDiaz

RDiaz Well-Known Member

Wow, you're old. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  12. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Apparently, this is the case. However, that makes sense for T4, not so much for Ambrosi. T4 may only have had my contact info at the office. Ambrosi has always had my personal contact information, which we have consistently used since 2007. T4 tells me Ambrosi probably lost track of it, which is entirely plausible.

Still, all of these apparent attempts happened in June--six months after Salvatore ceased communications with me, and only after T4 bothered him about the issue.

From my understanding, T4 is now in the process of reaching out to Salvatore to mediate. I am waiting to see what comes of it.

1 person likes this.
  13. Yika

Yika Well-Known Member

epic thread is epic.

14. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Ambrosi has got to be the worst business man I have ever seen. I mean really, is this guy serious?
    Amazing pents or not, this type of behavior will catch up to him.

15. Balfour

Balfour Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

Or not. Lots of dicks still in business.

2 people like this.
  17. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

As long as he finds people to pay an obscene amount of money for his pants , he can afford to insult anyone on SF without losing any sleep...

18. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Important update:

Salvatore sent me a message moments ago asking for an opportunity to resolve the situation on his next visit to New York in October. Until we have talked things out privately, I am going to silence myself here (well, more or less). I'd ask that everyone reserve judgment until further details arise.

1 person likes this.
  19. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

$700-$800 for pants of that quality, bespoke, is a fair prince and even a value.

1 person likes this.
  20. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member