• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I screwed? Suit for 28 inch chest

Tinychest

Reaction score
I'm 25 years old.

My measurements:
Chest - 28 inches
Over shoulders and chest - 38 inches
Waist - 27 inches
Hips - 30 inches

Where can I buy a suit for under £400 that can fit me?!
I'm based in London, UK.

Is it possible to get a tailored suit for under £400?

Slim fit size-34 sports coats fit me somehow. However, suits do not! I just tried a 34 from Zara and the chest has MASSES amount of room inside.

The shoulders, sleeve lengths, jacket length, etc are fine. Just so much room in the chest area. I could fit my head in there...

Is it worth getting a 34 tailored to fit me? Or is it not possible to make that suit fit a 28?

The suit is for interviews and for wearing to work (lawyer)

Millerp

Reaction score
If a size 34 is too big for you you have no choice but to try boys sizes or MTM.

Tinychest

Reaction score
Do you know any place to get decent quality boys suits (essentially, kids)?

Tinychest

Reaction score
The UK website only has to age 14. And I can't see any suits :(

But thanks, I checked other designers and some high end brands do cheap kids suits (Armani, jpgaultier, etc)

I just hope they fit! I tried Zara kids (age 13-14!?!?) but it was too short in the jacket and shoulders.

Lord Mulberry

Reaction score
Check out DNA Groove, they have a couple of sales agents in the UK and they'll despatch clothes from Italy. They make stuff in relatively small sizes and all their stuff are always limited editions so you'll not look like everyone else. This is their size chart http://www.dnagroove.it/en/size-chart.html To view their stock click the "Back to navigation" link top right.

Last edited:

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm 25 years old.
My measurements:
Chest - 28 inches
Over shoulders and chest - 38 inches
Waist - 27 inches
Hips - 30 inches
Where can I buy a suit for under £400 that can fit me?!
I'm based in London, UK.
Is it possible to get a tailored suit for under £400?
Slim fit size-34 sports coats fit me somehow. However, suits do not! I just tried a 34 from Zara and the chest has MASSES amount of room inside.
The shoulders, sleeve lengths, jacket length, etc are fine. Just so much room in the chest area. I could fit my head in there...
Is it worth getting a 34 tailored to fit me? Or is it not possible to make that suit fit a 28?
The suit is for interviews and for wearing to work (lawyer)

Doesn't make much sense.

If you have a 28 inch chest a 34 sports coat should be huge. But you say it fits. But then you say the 34 suits are too big.

If you measured right you have a 10 difference between your shoulders and chest. With a 28inch chest?? You'd never fit kids coats. You'd never fit anything off the rack. 10 shoulder/chest is wider then normal for a 40inch chest.

But you've got a 27 inch waist??

Either you've measured wrong or you'll need to find something made for you.

Tinychest

Reaction score
I've had a friend and my mother measure me. Their measurements we're virtually the same.

I'm extremely thin. I don't know what else to say.

I have two men's sports coats from Zara (S size). They fit fine.... At least to me they fit fine.
I just tried a men's 34 suit and it is miles too big. The sports coats are actually a little tight when buttoned. The chest still has some room, but I think the skinny fit makes it virtually perfect for me.

Their suits, on the other hand, are not skinny fit whatsoever... Hence the massive amounts of room.

I can post pics if it will help determine my size?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
physically small and tight budget are a terrible combination.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've had a friend and my mother measure me. Their measurements we're virtually the same.
I'm extremely thin. I don't know what else to say.

The problem is those measurements aren't really "thin" :embar:

You've got broad shoulders.

You've got a virtually the same waist and chest measurements.

JohnnyMarr

Reaction score
The problem is those measurements aren't really "thin"
shog[1].gif

You've got broad shoulders.
You've got a virtually the same waist and chest measurements.

Exactly what I was thinking!?
confused.gif

Tinychest

Reaction score
I don't think my shoulders are broad at all. Just my chest is tiny in comparison :p

I'm 5"7 (170cm).

How can you say I'm not thin? I weigh 110 lbs, basically all bone :-s

I'll upload some pics once I get to my main computer.

Last edited:

Tinychest

Reaction score
Not a troll v_v
I'll post pics soon. I'll include a piece of paper with this website and time/date too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads