1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alternative to Brooks Brothers Milano fit non iron dress shirts in the ~$60 range

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tier1Terrier, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Member

I've become a big fan of BB non-iron dress shirts and like the Milano fit. I'm looking for alternative brands that offer similar quality in the $60 price range since I only by the BBs on sale. What other options do I have?

2. bibbert2

bibbert2 Member

Try TM Lewin's Slim Fit shirts - multibuy pricing is around $160 for 4 shirts, and they sometimes have further discounts. Plus they offer free returns and exchanges. They are a good value.

3. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Member

Thanks for the suggestion. How Does TML compare to BB in the non-iron category? In terms of quality, fit, durability, etc.

I'm tempted to order a 4-pack.

4. bibbert2

bibbert2 Member

Personally I don't like non-iron shirts, but their normal cotton shirts are quite comparable in quality to a standard BB shirt (though maybe a little poorer in terms of quality control) .In terms of fit, the slim is a little less fitted than the milano, but the extra slim is even more fitted. The TML web site provides detailed measurements, so you can compare their fits to your favorite shirt.

5. bigendiansmalls

bigendiansmalls Member

You can find them on ebay for under $60. The recently discontinued black fleece line has a similar fit and is near that price on clearance. Nordstrom trim fit and Neiman Marcus trim fit are both good quality for a reasonable price. Lands end 100% cotton slim fit shirts are another good option.

6. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Member

Ok, So I was about to order a 4 pack of TML shirts until I realized I didn't see any pockets over the breast. Am I seeing this correctly? I'm not finding any business shirts on TML with breast pockets. Did I miss a memo or something?

7. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Well-Known Member

The English don't really do pockets.

8. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Member

I definitely need a breast pocket on my business shirts. Any other good options in non-iron / wrinkle free other than BB (Milano fit)?