1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Altering pleated to flat front pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montecristo#4, Jun 20, 2005.

1. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

I think there was someone recently on AAAC who converted a pair of RTW pants into his version of a fishtail back by simply cutting the seam of the seat down a few inches.

I bet you never thought of that.

- B

wouldnt think of what???

2. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Well-Known Member

I think there was someone recently on AAAC who converted a pair of RTW pants into his version of a fishtail back by simply cutting the seam of the seat down a few inches.

I bet you never thought of that.

- B

Like Yoda says, there's no trying, there's just doing.

I didn't even have to think of it. I just did it.

I'm a sartorial Jedi.

With really wierd pants.

3. SuitMyself

SuitMyself Well-Known Member

I realize this has been discussed before, but I'm wondering how simple it would be to alter a pleated pant to a flat front one. I recently had a tailor tell me it was possible, but I can't imagine it would be easy.

The only easy way I can think of is if the pants are single pleated and the tailor just took the pleat and folded it into itself to make a dart.

Thoughts?

This begs the most obvious question of all time ever since the universe came into existence: why don't you just buy some new flat-front pants instead??

4. Matt S

Matt S Well-Known Member

This begs the most obvious question of all time ever since the universe came into existence: why don't you just buy some new flat-front pants instead??

It makes sense if the trousers are part of a suit.