1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alterations / Fitting at the Mansion (Ralph Lauren)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by oscarthewild, Sep 15, 2006.

1. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have a purple label suit that is still unworn. Can someone comment on the quality of the alterations tailor at the Mansion on Madison Ave? I am slightly barrel/protuding chested so this may add to the complexity. Also no longer can I find the reciept, would anyone have an idea of how much the costs can be?

Thank you

-

2. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

3. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Well-Known Member

Hmmm... very interesting, I never thought that they probably price in alterations to the purple label suit cost.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... very interesting, I never thought that they probably price in alterations to the purple label suit cost.

yes - that's even the case for products bought on polo.com. They can be brought to a RL store for alterations at the prices here above.

5. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Well-Known Member

Can someone bring a purple label item in to a mansion that has not been purchased there , if they are willing to pay the fee ?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Can someone bring a purple label item in to a mansion that has not been purchased there , if they are willing to pay the fee ?

I'm not sure but my guess is that it's possible if it is current season and you say it is a present
    (policy states that "customers must present a copy of their invoice to the store for alterations to be made")

It's definitely OK if purchased online

7. farfisa23

farfisa23 Well-Known Member

anyone have a current price list?

8. Big A

Big A Well-Known Member

Yes. They will alter it for you, no questions asked provided you are willing to pay.

I actually used to really like the tailor at the Polo store in Palm Beach, and she altered stuff that wasn't even RL for me.

9. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

Meh. I wasn't happy with the results I got on my RLPL stuff form The Mansion tailors.

I recommend taking it to Manny at Wilfred's. It'll cost you about the same. I take everything I buy RTW to Manny now.

10. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Well-Known Member

Is Manny the older gentleman with the glasses?

11. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

Is Manny the older gentleman with the glasses?

Yup, a great guy with an exceptional eye. He personally fits and tailors all my stuff.

12. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Well-Known Member

Yep, a great guy. I ran into him at the Dunhill sale that was held at the Flat Hotel a few months ago. He was picking up suits on the last day at 90% off for everyone at Wilfred's. And yes, in my opinion an excellent tailor as well.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Yup, a great guy with an exceptional eye. He personally fits and tailors all my stuff.
    Do you get stuff tailored by Wilfred? He's been the one doing all my work since the time where was a delicate shoulder alteration to do and Ramon was uncomfortable dealing with it.

14. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

anyone have a current price list?

The chart above is still valid.