• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Ford (posted by eddievddr10)

Last edited:

Xenos

Reaction score

Another necropost.....but after searching the Forum, this is the best thread for my contribution.
Received today and conditioned then took these pictures. Seller had no idea what they held in their hands. A 45-50 year old Masterpiece of styling and workmanship..
Florsheim Custom Order Imperial Alligator Norwegian. Beveled waist, channelled/skived sole in a nicely aged medium brown patina. Beautifully matched skins, toe to counters and excellent finishing.
Original heel/sole and minimal wear to the rubber edge.
Classic elegance imho.
Yes I like alligator. Have other classic representations, but this is the Special One.
Maybe this will kick start another round of contributions and comments.

Those are beautiful. Not sure alligator shoes get much better than that. Nice.

Swan Song

Reaction score
Thanks

I was hoping DWFII would see this thread and add his comments like before upstream in this thread. He has probably seen and worked with more than I could ever imagine.

What stunned me about these were the condition after 45-50 years. Sharp rubber heels and the tiger stripes on the sole are easily seen. Worn very few times.

Cost to duplicate today?? Anybody have a recent custom made pair to share in pictures and general pricing information?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have Croc boots but this will be my first foray into shoes.....so which one? Black or brown or.....in SF fashion....both?
62c9b7f3-7613-a16b.jpg

Regards.

Last edited:

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Have Croc boots but this will be my first foray into shoes.....so which one? Black or brown or.....in SF fashion....both?
62c9b7f3-7613-a16b.jpg

Regards.

Neither.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope, thats not an option, as I do like the brown esp the smaller scales on the sides of the brown shoe. This is a trial run, if i wear them then will pull up shirt sleeves and get some better ones...maybe.

Regards.

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hate. (Three years late)

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Nope, thats not an option, as I do like the brown esp the smaller scales on the sides of the brown shoe. This is a trial run, if i wear them then will pull up shirt sleeves and get some better ones...maybe.
Regards.

Shikar, I hope you're getting a fantastic deal on those. Mezlan skins kind of suck... you may be better waiting to sink it in something a bit better if these are more than $250. For example, VCH has a pair of croc Sutor Mantelassis that are really nice.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shikar, I hope you're getting a fantastic deal on those. Mezlan skins kind of suck... you may be better waiting to sink it in something a bit better if these are more than $250. For example, VCH has a pair of croc Sutor Mantelassis that are really nice.

Spoo, I gave them a second look this am and tried them on, no can keep. Dont like'em.

Regards.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And in my size as well!

:cloud:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads