1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds makes me physically sick

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jay Gatsby, Aug 6, 2010.

1. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds makes me physically sick too, but because the shoes are hideously ugly. Fit has got nothing to do with it. Also, you might be getting blisters precisely because you get your shoes a bit wider for comfort. Loose shoes agitate the skin because your feet move around in them.

pls, give me an approval on this...

2. ruben

ruben Well-Known Member

When you're (comparatively) poor and you want to upgrade, what do you do? If Aldens cost too much, should one give up on wearing welted, non-corrected grain shoes?

Allen-Edmonds Park Avenues were on sale for $136 from endless.com with Bing cashback two weeks ago. I've been trying to figure out how to get a welted, non-corrected grain shoe into my budget. I have a narrow foot, so it's down to Allen-Edmonds and Alden. Allen-Edmonds literally cost one-third as much.

Attitudes on Allen-Edmonds can be revelatory. The defenders refuse to admit their parsimony; the sneerers are contemptuous of the plebes. I wish it went without saying that: 1) a tight budget harms style considerations, and 2) even if AE lasts nauseate, they're less nauseating than the shoes produced by the vast ocean of companies that have compromised more than AE.

Anyhow, I'm liking the Park Avenues. But since I don't see similar sales in the future, I'm going to start saving up for the products of the craftsmen of Middleborough.

Thats what I was trying to say.

3. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

So much win up in here.

4. sockpuppets

sockpuppets Well-Known Member

Lol @ the elitism in this thread.

5. imwithtuxedo

imwithtuxedo Well-Known Member

6. CMD.EXE

CMD.EXE Well-Known Member

Btw I should mention, at $136, you should go for it if you can find your size. I think they arn't too bad a deal at that price, but go any higher and you're paying too much.

I also don't think some people know what elitism is...

7. greekgeek

greekgeek Well-Known Member

8. CMD.EXE

CMD.EXE Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned some AE being on sale for that much somewhere in this post

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

If you have a quality control problem, I would just contact AEs.
    They will make it right.