1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Leeds #8 Shell Cordovan size 8D

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by wobriensj, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wobriensj

wobriensj New Member

Dear Friends,

I am selling a pair of meticulously-cared-for Allen Edmonds (AE) Leeds, size 8D in #8 Shell Cordovan.

I bought them about 10 years ago, have worn them occasionally, have re-heeled them a few times, and have had them refurbished once locally at Cobblestone. The only shoe products that I have used on them are Lexol (for cleaning), Saphir Renovateur, and, occasionally, Saphir Cordovan. I also have used Fiebing’s Edge Dressing on them. You will notice one photo in which both shoes appear, one stacked upon the other. I took this photo having brushed the shoes but before applying polish. Here, you will get a better idea of the depth of the patina. I took the other photos having applied polish. There, you will see brush marks—these will come out over time as you brush and buff the shoes. You also will see a small notch in the same place on both shoes, at outer base of the tongue. These notches, which I did not notice until preparing the shoes for sale, are covered by the quarter.

I will ship the shoes with new laces but no shoetrees in original AE shoebags, in AE shoeboxes packed in new UPS cardboard boxes.

I am selling them because I decided that I need a smaller size, and have since bought and been happy with the same model in 7.5D.

The price ($250 including shipping) is not negotiable. On Sep 25, I spoke with Susan at Allen Edmonds in Port Washington, who told me that this pair costs $650 new. Seconds from outlet stores run $499.

If you are interested in this pair, then please email me at wobriensj@gmail.com. If you live in the Saint Louis, Missouri area, you can drive over to my house and look at them, and I will negotiate the price. Otherwise, if you decide that you would like to buy them, I will pack the shoes and ship them via UPS after I receive payment through PayPal.

As you can see from the photos, they are beautiful shoes and I’m sure that you will be delighted with them!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.