1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

Because they are boots to me from a logic standpoint it is not a EITHER OR statement but an AND statement. However the Bayfield in shell will be an unknown in fit where the Dalton is a very well established known. And as to the brown shell, great choice and no debate needed from me. I love my exotic light colored shell but have had to add a lot of lighter colored clothes to match over the last couple of years. I feel both boots are great choices. Looking down the road when I retire certainly see myself wearing the captoes more than the wingtips however. And I have a lot of wingips and adding another soon. But in the end feel it is which ever style you like best and suits your style the best.
    Dalton Walnut Shell:
    [​IMG]
    CXL Bayfield with Brown Shell Townley:
    [​IMG]

Black Calf Bayfield:
    [​IMG]

So in the end which ever one you like best. Or the Dalton AND Bayfield(s) ;-)
    If you want them bad enough it wouldn't hurt to ask. Did you know that you can still get CXL Bayfields through Lands End? They only have D width but if your a C they would certainly work. IMO an E would not however.

2. njruss

njruss Well-Known Member

Thank you for that! I just ordered a pair, $199.92 with free shipping!!

3. AmericanGent

AmericanGent Well-Known Member

Cold Iron-
    1. What size are you?
    2. Can you add me to your Final Will and Testament as the custodian of your shoe collection?

4. MakingChanges

MakingChanges Well-Known Member

Thank you! Just order the Boca Raton and the Amoks with this deal. Really appreciate it.

5. Deladonis

Deladonis Member

T
    The one in the middle of the wholecuts is a Manhattan. It's a real nice cut 7 Last if I remember correctly. I still want more AE wholecuts. They are timeless!

6. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

It really does, looks like the same exact boot, different leather, at least at first glance.

7. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

Ugh, if only Amazon had the McAllister's in Bourbon. I would be all over that extra 20% off.

8. SouthNarc

SouthNarc Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only guy who remembers that boots actually were capable of being shined a long time ago in the 80s. Nothing like a pair of Corcorans bloused into Class A's!

9. calidist

calidist Well-Known Member

As I've said before, don't be surprised if order AEs through Amazon and receive ceased or minimally worn shoes...

10. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

I saphir reno all of my new shoes before wear, shell or calf. From time to time, with calf, I will use a neutral shoe cream instead (usually Alden boot cream).

Many sales associates will tell you you needn't treat them before the first wear. I would respectfully suggest they are simply wrong.

11. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Well-Known Member

If the budget allows, get both. If the budget doesn't allow, get calf.

12. Bzack

Bzack Active Member

Thanks. That simple logic helps quite a bit.

13. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

He is my size. Also, he is adopting me, though he may not know that.

14. jvc44

jvc44 Well-Known Member

I just got caught in the rain in my Townleys. What a mess it makes them! Any good tricks to prevent that ? Thanks

15. phototristan

phototristan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  16. Dugan

Dugan Well-Known Member

I got the all football nuemok web gems and was wondering, are these going to be impervious to just about anything, being made of football leather?

Not sure about what, if any, upkeep is needed.

Also, pulled the trigger on the brown Jefferson's today. :)

17. zchen

zchen Well-Known Member

I emailed about Bayfield about a day ago(haven't heard back, but I have patience). One was I feel shell just show off better if in cap toe or plain toe boot form, two was feeling Bayfield in Shell would be easier to dress up or down, three it will be more unique because there has been a few shell variety of Datlons already out there. I also inquired about having a Eagle County made with Dublin leather and differnt soles....

love the Promontory Point and Gwinnett...still hoping for a plain toe boot from AE though.

18. Ulsterman

Ulsterman Well-Known Member

Ready to kick up some dust on the Vegas strip
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  19. ylkim30

ylkim30 Well-Known Member

I bought my all football neumok through the AE retail store, and the salesman suggested using AE neutral premium shoe polish. I'm not sure how necessary that is, but better safe than sorry, I suppose.

20. itsmejson

itsmejson Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.