1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

I think Mora is one of the most beautiful Dub monk that is (not)on the market. I have been searching for a nice pair of dub monk for nearly 2 years now. Not really fan of neumora. Hopefully the seconds don’t have any obvious defects.

Can anyone comment on the fit for Mora. I purchased 8E (that was the only one they had in stock!). I am 8E/EE in fifth ave and on strand.

2. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

I have the North Platte, and while it has similar detailing to the Dalton, the chromexel leather makes it a much more casual boot.

3. Karl Drogo

Karl Drogo Active Member

Canadian here who has purchased factory seconds from the AE Shoebank twice, both times requesting USPS shipping. The first time I was dinged with customs to the tune of about $50, and the second time was about half that. I have heard of fellow Canadians only being dinged in the neighbourhood of $10 which is pleasant to hear.

Masernaut raised a good concern about their recent abandonment of USPS, and subsequent and very plausible higher fees. This would make the deals suddenly seem not as hot as in the past. Pity.

4. alvin545

alvin545 Member

Please keep us informed once you receive your shipment from FedEx. I held back on the 2 for $250 sale because I was unsure what handling fees would end up at.

Both times I've had USPS shipping, I've only had to pay tax (13%) and a $9.95 handling fee. Very reasonable, hopefully FedEx shipping doesn't push our prices through the roof.

5. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

6. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Well-Known Member

You can just email or call them for list/order.

Already answered.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. sungmineyo

sungmineyo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Brown Cordovan Townley arrived from shoebank last night!:slayer:

1 person likes this.
  8. MoneyWellSpent

MoneyWellSpent Well-Known Member

They look fantastic! Truely amazing that you got such high quality shoes for that price. I hope you enjoy them!

9. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

If somebody is planning on contacting the Shoe Bank and would like to help a fellow SFer out with international shipping, please PM.

10. elbastardocalvo

elbastardocalvo Well-Known Member

Just heard back from the shoebank: they only have Patriots in 9D, in brown left. Jump if you are interested.

11. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Well-Known Member

An embarrassment of riches:

My gorgeous new Player's in walnut calf just arrived. The burnishing on these shoes is 100x better than the walnut strands I bought last year. Much more character and sophistication. The Strands are great but they just did not possess this quality of burnishing that these do. First quality shoes for less than $200:

[​IMG]

As did a pair of Players in dark chocolate suede, 2nds from the Freeport Maine outlet, $150:

[​IMG]

I now have a trifecta of Player's shoes in black and walnut calf, and the suede.

By this time next week I hope to also have McAllisters in walnut I ordered from the new Philadelphia store during their opening. I can only hope they look as good as the walnut Player's do once they arrive!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  12. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Thanks! Sadly not my size.

13. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Well-Known Member

I think I just snagged that last brown one. :slayer:

Last year I passed on a pair of Alden cigar LHS from The Shoe Mart when they inexplicably had the price at around $450 on the website for a while, and regretted it a little bit, so hopefully the brown shell Patriot would make a good substitute.

14. AxVxA

AxVxA Member

For us Canadians, it makes no sense to use allenedmonds.com to order... they use Bongo for international orders which is the epitome of stupidity... example:

[​IMG]

I mentioned this on their Facebook page and they deleted the comment. haha

I do like my new AE shoes though, wearing these for the first time today. Bought from O'Conners in Calgary. Great service from those guys.
    [​IMG]

15. MoneyWellSpent

Good looking shoes! Hope you enjoy them. Just FYI, the Strand in walnut is not made of burnished calf. That's why the burnishing on your Player's shoes is such a stark difference and much more evident. [​IMG]

16. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Those are spectacular!

17. Buddy0329

Buddy0329 Well-Known Member

Thanks for clarifying. The difference really is night and day. I'm Glad to know I can blame this episode on my poor memory rather than Allen Edmonds' consistency.

Breaking them in around the house today:

[​IMG]

18. Aryeah

Aryeah Active Member

I just purchased a pair of Mctavish natural tan and will be getting them in a few days..What is the best way to care for these shoes? I alaready have shoe trees, but what kind of color wax polish should I use on them or if wax polish is not needed, then should I just use saddle soap to clean them and leave them unpolished?

I do know if I use brown wax polish it's going to darken the color of the shoes..

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Great deal and beautiful brown shell, but I keep wondering where the top half of your boots are?

20. MoneyWellSpent

No wax polish on these unless you are intentionally trying to change their look. Just Conditioner/Cleaner and Saddle Soap. Be aware that the Saddle Soap will slowly darken them several shades over the course of several applications. if you like the original color, use Leather Lotion instead of Saddle Soap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.