1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khe86

khe86 Well-Known Member

Saunders only available in size 9D and 11D. No more 10D...my wallet is happy but I'm not...

2. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

He left his Gmail address below, though if you're going to have him search for shoes for you, he suggests contacting charleston@allenedmonds.com and putting "For Jeff: " in the subject line.

3. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Well-Known Member

And I also appreciate it. My bank account not so much...

1) SWAG says yes. If not Nick at B. Nelson will. And at $130 investment cost not worried about it.

2) I don't think so from looking at the profile on the website. If they don't work out then nothing lost except for time and $130 for a few days. But yes it would be nice to know and will in a few days.

4. khe86

khe86 Well-Known Member

If anyone got the Saunders in 10D and find it doesn't quite fit that well, send me a pm. I'll take them off your hands.

5. Cold Iron

Most certainly will. Hoping I don't have to though.

6. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Well-Known Member

It looks a lot like the Dundee, which would have been on the 1-last. So, there's a possibility it's not.

7. khe86

khe86 Well-Known Member

Obviously I'm hoping differently [​IMG]

8. jch1

jch1 Well-Known Member

I know they are very different styles, but thoughts on Merlot Cliftons vs. Merlot McCalisters?

9. lostron

lostron Well-Known Member

Those Ralph Laurens look great

10. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

I just emailed Kristen at the Charleston Outlet. She says that the Saunders is on the 1 last and is identical in design to the Malvern. Would someone who has the Malvern (or a similar 1-Last shoe) be so kind as to comment on the fit of this model? I wear an 8E in the 5 last and an 8.5D in the 8 last. There is only a brown 8E Saunders and a black 8.5D still available. I want that brown one. Would it work?

11. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Well-Known Member

Ahhh. Damn this sale. I just bought a Whiskey cordovan PTB and a Ravello cordovan chukka from Shoemart's 2nd's list for $399 each last night. Today I had to pick up the RL Saunders and a Brooks brown PA.

My wallet and I may be going through a messy divorce soon.

12. Cold Iron

Most of my AE shoes are on the 1 or 5 last for me they fit identical but not for everyone. The 8 last doesn't fit me for some reason. The Malvern is a flyer because they used memory foam in it which made it smaller and tighter. I would pick the phone up and call her ASAP and order those 8E now before someone else gets it.

Outstanding job on the Whiskey and Ravello pickups and great choices! Not an easy task to find either anymore. But those 2 in a chukka are on my short list.

13. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Well-Known Member

My Malvern was a little smaller than my 5 last shoes, not significant though. I think if the 8E 5 last is perfect for you, should be good.

14. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

ahh...really want a pair of merlot Mccalisters but I just found a pair of Chili Farfaxes. Which one...or both?!@?!@

15. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

I'm 11.5D on the 5 and had to size up to 12D for the Malvern.

16. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. Purchasing them now [​IMG]

17. Cold Iron

Yes they are the Dundee in calf. FedEx just dropped off my Truffle shell Dundee's a few minutes ago so now I have to update my Dundee collection picture with the Truffle and Dark Brown. Walnut, black and #8:

[​IMG]

On the RL website the Saunders looks like it is only a 2 eye chukka. The truffle just came out of the box with the middle eyes not laced and it looks identical to the Saunders. So hopefully soon I will be able post an updated picture with the dark brown shell, truffle shell, and brown calf.

18. mp906

mp906 Well-Known Member

U guys are swamping the Arkansas place. Phones are going to voicemail now

19. allysan1027

allysan1027 Active Member

Why doesn't AE have a website for their shoebank? Would be very convenient if you could check to see their available shoes and sales without having to wait for an email or call and have someone give you the rundown.

20. spitshine123

spitshine123 Well-Known Member

shhh! its our little secret! I'm assuming it would be bad for their regular retail business... I've found the shoebank to be really responsive, and I don't mind the little legwork for the extra savings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.