1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

They are calf. But they do look like shell. Many people actually asked me if the were shells. My question ……. are they corrected grain ?
    I don’t think AE uses corrected grain(I could be wrong).
    They are Grayson in Merlot.The sizing on them are tricky. I went from 8D to 8.5B. Lol fits like glove.

2. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

They look good. Nice job with the neatsfoot oil.

3. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I don't want to come off as rude, but are you aware that you can post more than 1 photo at a time in a post? I keep noticing that you post 3 times with one photo in each, and sometimes 2-3 posts with just a paragraph in each.

4. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I am sorry I tried to post more then one but via I phone it kept just using only the last one embedded. I'm sorry in that bothered you

5. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Well-Known Member

Those are looking great. I can't wait to see how the color mellows out in the next few days.

6. atoms

atoms Well-Known Member

It's actually mellowed out. They were darker. The work was done about 5 days ago and they've been sitting until today when I finally wore them again.

7. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Well-Known Member

Well, that's fantastic. I really like my tan ones, and my cognac ones, but I'm really loving this color you've made in between.

8. CJG_NYC

CJG_NYC Well-Known Member

Did a quick search on this but found more info about the Bayfields than the Daltons. Im about to pull the trigger on some Daltons but wanted some SF advice on the rubber sole options AE offers. Has anyone had them do the custom sole on a Dalton? If so, any pics?

If not having AE do it, my other thought was to just wear them as is for a while and then when they are ready to being re-soled get them rubber soled then. Or, another option, is to just Topy them from day one.

I'd love some advice from the AE fan-base!

Thanks and Happy New Year!

9. fiestaplatypus

fiestaplatypus Well-Known Member

In response to bucksfan's post...

I would indeed be interested in either of the natural welt/brown shell options, if funding allows at the time. Since I don't yet have a plain toe blucher in shell, the Leeds would be my first choice.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  10. cbtaylor

cbtaylor Well-Known Member

11. dancingbear

dancingbear Well-Known Member

12. random-adam

random-adam Well-Known Member

Navy/grey would look good with a blue seersucker suit, and finally a webgem available in AA width -- I'd be vaguely tempted if I hadn't sworn off shoe purchases until November.

13. bobbyz

bobbyz Well-Known Member

Got an e-mail from the AE shoe bank that they were planning to stop shipping using USPS and move to FedEx for shipments to Canada. I'm not sure when it starts (one e-mail said Jan 1, the other said March) but is a shame to hear either way

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Hey, what are Rag & Bone boots doing on the AE thread?!

[​IMG]

Well, I'll tell you. I saw these boots in a store and really liked them, and I ended getting myself a gift. They are the Rowan model, and they say they are handmade in the US. The store personnel did not know who makes them (not surprising). I did some searching and could not find any information, but this morning I had an epiphany - they must be made by Allen Edmonds! The fit and construction seem very similar to the Wolverine 744, also made by AE. And the price point fits right in, too - $370, which seems about right given AE's usual ~$350 for its own boots.

I highly recommend these. They fit just like the Wolverines, which is very comfortable. The leather is buttery soft - really, a step up from what I've seen on AE's own shoes. And I love the bellows tongue. They have some slight distressing (sanding on some spots) that I could do without. But otherwise, I'm in love.

More pictures, including comparison to 744s:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post, I've been considering ordering them for a while but wanted to see what they looked like other than the photo on the website. Those look really nice!

16. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Well-Known Member

I do not know if this deserves its own thread. I wanted to let the community know that there is a good sale on at the moment for factory seconds. I pulled the trigger on 4 shoes already and have thoughts of picking up another two. At least in my size the selection is wonderful, including a number of cordovan models, including strands.

I bought the following: Walnut Dalton, Blue Neumok, Snuff Amok, and Merlot Mcallister.

If you use the link below, you will note the sale is essentially $50 off the 1st pair and $100 off the second pair (discount applied after the already low price for the seconds).

As posted many times in this thread, call the outlet at (262) 284-7158 to get them to email you a spreadsheet of availability in your size.

http://echo2.bluehornet.com/hostede...3c94c249451b60d37d4867a07997626f&ei=QB0MPIT1N

17. ezboy1000

ezboy1000 Well-Known Member

I just realized that I could get the Snuff Suede Amok or the Snuff Suede Neumok for the same price ($100 for either pair), given that the Amok is not on the deal I posted above (all discontinued models are excluded and already heavily discounted). If I bought the Neumok in suede it would get the $100 off the $200 price.

Any input gents? To be clear, these are from the second run of Amok, not the first squeaky run. I asked specifically about that.

18. Michael Haines

Michael Haines Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the amok from the second run and have worn maybe half a dozen times and love them no squeak what so ever and very comfortable to me

19. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

Does anybody have pictures of the Amok in olive green and Mocha?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.